Director of Marketing and Development
The incumbent will provide leadership to the overall marketing and fundraising efforts of the Center for Hearing & Deaf Services, Inc. (“HDS”). Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Development and implementation of an Annual Outreach Plan to foundations, corporate sponsors, individual donors, and other stakeholders to create excitement and financial support for the HDS mission
- Continually work to promote awareness of HDS’s services and programs via traditional earned media, social media channels updated at least weekly, and networking
- Use social media to promote community events, measure outreach and engagement, increase the exposure of HDS, and generate revenue
- Develop and manage fundraising and awareness events to encourage public support
- Create, nurture, cultivate, and manage professional community and individual relationships that are beneficial to the organization, including with local and extended media programs
- Investigate, analyze, and potentially implement new avenues to solicit donations in support of HDS
- Collect statistics, maintain databases, run reports, and advise as necessary to measure and demonstrate the effectiveness of community, fundraising, and awareness events to inform HDS decision making and priorities
- Write, design, and produce printed, digital, interpretive, and other advertising/educational handout materials that reflect HDS and its programs in a positive manner
- Plan and prepare periodic press releases and requests for coverage and public service announcements
- Maintain, modernize, and frequently update the content of the HDS website to ensure ease of navigation, relevance of content, and impact on visitors
- Research and determine appropriateness of numerous private foundation and corporate grant support opportunities; ability to write professional, effective, and results-oriented foundation/corporate grant proposals is of high importance
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with potential and active donors, foundations, corporations, and others that may contribute to HDS (including tracking each contact, donation, thank-you, etc.)
- Prepare and oversee the development of annual goals and marketing budget and ensure that the budget is adhered to, and that program and fundraising goals are achieved
- Attend Board meetings to report on project updates, fundraising efforts, branding progress, goals status, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Must be comfortable with public speaking in front of large groups of people
- Advanced and up-to-date knowledge of numerous marketing techniques known to achieve results
- Ability to manage deadlines effectively and work independently
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, and all social media platforms
- At least 5 years of experience in the same or similar role
*ASL fluency a plus. Must be willing to learn ASL upon acceptance.
- Bachelor‘s Degree (Marketing or Public Relations preferred)
Salary is commensurate with experience and ranges from $70,000 to $95,000, with a multi-incentive bonus program that could add up to $20,000. HDS also offers an excellent benefits package, which includes paid vacation, holidays and health leave, health insurance, employer paid retirement, long term care, long term disability, and more.
Please send resume, salary requirements, and three (3) references to email@example.com. Unfortunately, phone calls are not accepted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.