Director of Development & Marketing
The Lauri Ann West Community Center is an independent non-profit organization in the heart of O’Hara Township (Fox Chapel Areas School District). Our mission is to build connections, expand horizons and impact lives by providing a safe place for all to learn, play and grow. In 2016, we concluded a decade-long capital campaign culminating in the opening of our new $10M facility, a significant transformation to the 1950s-era school building from which we had operated over the past 30 years. The Center now serves over 4,000 members and manages an annual budget of greater than $1.5 Million.
The Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for developing and leading the strategy for development & marketing goals including donor/investor strategy for the Lauri Ann West Community Center. This role will be responsible for all activities related to the development of excellent donor and member relations, administration, a compelling and well-messaged brand, and consistent and broad-reaching communications. The Director of Development role requires a relationship-oriented fundraiser with a drive to be creative in a team environment.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board of Director Development committee, to formulate and execute a long-term plan for development to include future fundraising goals and campaigns. Expectation is to meet and exceed the planned goals.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Center’s strategic plan.
- Identify additional funding opportunities to support the Center’s strategic plan.
- Plan, manage and successfully execute major fundraising events and projects designed to raise funds and advance the Center’s strategic plan and mission.
- Plan and meet or exceed all required budgetary goals
- Build upon past relationships and cultivate new corporate, individual, foundation and governmental donors/investor, to support Center needs and priorities on an annual basis and lay the groundwork for a potential capital campaign in the future.
- Organize and motivate staff, board, and volunteers to execute annual community-focused special events and fundraisers.
- Oversee the development and execution of an annual marketing plan to meet the revenue and strategic plan goals as established by the Executive Director & Board of Directors.
- Lead the delivery of effective written communications via the LAWCC website, social media, news media, seasonal published program guides, promotional mailings, Annual Shareholder report to support programs, rentals, and membership/fitness priorities
- Implement a marketing and communications budget.
- Maintain and manage the donor database and all related data entry, updating, and reporting.
- Coordinate the work plan and delivery of Capital and Annual Campaign marketing materials, overseeing the outsourcing of work or utilization of existing staff where necessary.
- Coordinate and attend Board Development Committee meetings and other committee meetings when appropriate.
- Develop and implement a plan to utilize the LAWCC website & digital media presence as a strategic marketing tool and oversee training as necessary.
- Initiate and sustain a yearly plan to continue and retain relationships with community constituents in support of marketing and membership goals.
- Oversight of the part-time Community Outreach Coordinator.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of five years leading development efforts for a non-profit, membership-driven organization.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, foster and realize profitable relationships with past and future individual, corporate and governmental donors, volunteers, political constituents, and neighbors alike.
- Demonstrated ability in using donor/member database tools (including MS Access and MS Excel).
- Demonstrated/documented experience in leading or being a part of a successful capital campaign or annual appeal process.
- Ability to develop and achieve annual and monthly marketing goals, using standard software. Must have WordPress experience or similar software.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills required.
- Customer focused and ability to build relationships and engage all levels of donors and members with professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to write, copy and construct articles of interest and monitor internal/external communications/publications for all local media outlets. (i.e., Press releases)
- Proficiency in creation and publication of messaging through multiple marketing vehicles including visual, digital, and written communications via conventional and emerging social media that includes brochures, flyers, imaging, and program guides
- Experience researching and writing grants
- Highly proficient with Google G-Suite or Microsoft Office suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to integrate with and support a diverse and community-oriented organization, demonstrating a strong sense of ethics and values at all times
- A passion for professional growth and organizational excellence working as an individual and team member.
- Participation in meetings and special events outside of conventional workweek will be expected on occasion, to include evenings and weekends.
- Ability to plan and manage projects effectively and on time and within budget.
- Experience supervising employees and responsibility overseeing a budget for a non-profit organization.
- Clearances will be required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- This position requires frequent walking, sitting, bending, stooping, periodically standing for long periods, using hand or fingers to manipulate, touch, or handle, and climb stairs.
- The work environment noise level is typical of a moderately noisy standard business with equipment running and members entering and exiting.
- Vision abilities required by this job include near and far vision, depth perception, and to differentiate colors.
- Frequently will need to lift or push up to 15 pounds, periodically up to 30 pounds.
Full time - Lauri Ann West Community Center offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package for full time employees. This includes medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K plan with employer match, excellent paid time-off benefits.
Lauri Ann West Community Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.