East End Cooperative Ministry is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit social service organization located in East Liberty. For nearly 50 years EECM has been a community leader in confronting the issues of poverty faced by the region’s most at-risk, disadvantaged, and underserved populations. We provide the tools for our clients to strive, dream and achieve—all through a graduated approach that addresses short term, mid-term, and long-term needs.
Our multi-faceted programs provide:
- Free meals and groceries for those struggling with hunger and food insecurity;
- Assistance with securing permanent housing for those who are homeless;
- Case management for individuals and families struggling with poverty, addictions, and mental health issues;
- Education and training for those with barriers to employment;
- Mentoring to help urban children and youth succeed in school, make healthy decisions, explore new interests, and value themselves.
We provide a community of hope, creating economic and social value for our area’s distressed neighborhoods and communities.
Nature and Scope
This full-time position will work closely with the Director of Development and Public Relations Director to manage grant solicitation and stewardship activity for the organization.
- Draft and submit grant proposals, as directed by the Development Director and that follow the annual grant proposal calendar. Meet with program directors as necessary to gather required information.
- Draft and submit grant reports, as directed by the Development Director and that follow the annual grant report calendar. Meet with program director as necessary to gather required information.
- Record above activities in the Raisers Edge donor management database.
- As requested, research potential funders and bring new opportunities forward.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA in marketing, business, communications, nonprofit management, or similar field.
- Experience working in not-for-profit setting with fundraising and grant writing experience is desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be focused and self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience with Raisers Edge donor management software a plus.
- Act 33 and 34 clearances at the time of hire or ability to obtain them.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Changing the Lives of Individuals Impacted by Poverty