Location: Greensburg, PA
We are an award-winning evidence-based nonprofit.
Our Mission: To create and support 1:1 mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
Our Office Philosophy: Collaborative teamwork in a transparent, authentic, and fun environment. We are driven by our passion to change lives. Please see the competencies section for more information.
One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees. Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Laurel Region is a 2021 Agency of the Year recipient and is currently the only agency in PA to hold the Gold Standard Award. Justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) are central to our mission and values, and BBBS strives to implement these ideals across all areas of our agency.
Program Manager Job Summary:
Under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the design, implementation, support, and oversight of all agency mentoring programs and program staff. The candidate must be results-driven and motivated to make a difference. This position manages a team and the processes involved with the recruitment, enrollment, and support of youth and volunteers in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. The Program Manager is responsible for strategy, design of materials, processes, improvements, innovation, reporting on outcomes and metrics, and leading the program team.
- Supervise customer service, enrollment & matching, and match support processes for adherence to Big Brothers Big Sisters of America’s National Standards, the Service Delivery Model, Agency Best Practices, and other duties that fall under the program.
- Monitor operational effectiveness using workflow and tracking systems; gathers accurate information for reports, track performance, and develop measures to ensure growth, minimize risk, and meet annual agency program goals. Effectively communicate these metrics to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Act as a leader and support the program team in every way possible.
- Oversee recruitment and community outreach efforts to grow programs, address targeted needs of the agency, and build a strong pool of potential matches.
- Communicate grants, deliverables, and updates with the program team as well as create and maintain reports and dashboards for grant tracking and reporting.
- Create, develop, and maintain positive working relationships with all agency partners to educate them regarding the agency’s mission, promote involvement in agency activities, and gain their support of the agency.
- Partner with Executive Director to develop program strategies to meet the needs of the community and grow the program to serve more children.
- Perform casework QA.
- Hire, develop and supervise interns.
- Plan match activities for mentors and mentees.
- Recruit program participants by attending networking events and implementing outreach and marketing.
- Conduct volunteer info sessions and DEI trainings to small as well as large crowds.
- Create opportunities for maximum visibility to help find Bigs. (Candidate must be comfortable with public speaking and networking).
Community Relations and Fund Development
- Cultivate, grow, and manage relationships with local businesses, nonprofits, leaders, and schools.
- Actively participate in BBBSLR’s current fundraising initiatives, including a variety of agency events.
- Provide a high-quality experience for event guests, volunteers, and sponsors.
- Connect the dots between program and fund development.
- At least five or more years of experience with a minimum of two to three years of supervisory experience.
- Solid experience in project management/program coordination.
- Experience in public speaking.
- LEADERSHIP - Relates well to people; builds appropriate rapport; listens; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; truly values people; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT– Demonstrated ability to perform task analysis, implement and manage new projects, process workflow, and establish and manage timelines.
- Effective presentation skills, in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on one, small and large groups, commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working.
- INNOVATION MANAGEMENT – Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace; is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market.
- Strong computer skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Work, Outlook, Excel and internet-based applications
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool.
- Must truly care about and embrace the mission of the agency
- VACATION PACKAGE: 10 vacation days, 4 personal days, 2 floating holidays, and paid holidays
- 401-K plan with 3% company match
- Opportunities for professional development
- Regular team bonding opportunities
- Flexibility and more…
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
This is a full-time, 40-hour weekly position that is classified exempt. Most hours are completed Monday-Friday during the day; however, periodic events and weekend hours are required so the candidate must be flexible. BBBSLR covers all of Fayette and Westmoreland Counties, and the position does require driving to events and recruitment opportunities within both counties. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Candidates should possess the below competencies:
- Ambassador - You are a public champion for the organization, comfortable speaking to individuals, small groups and large audiences to recruit amazing volunteer Mentors. You use your affective presence to make people feel included and “bought in”. You communicate clearly and concisely and know how to excite people about our life-changing work.
- Builder - You think strategically. You’re excited to take the status quo as just a starting point, then implement best practices and continually innovate.
- Reliable - You are a dependable team player. You understand that people are the core of who we are and place a premium on customer service. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves and support others on the team.
- Experienced People Person - You embody compassion for the youth we serve and the mentors who support them. You have experience recruiting volunteers and implementing engagement strategies.
- Sales Driven - You are motivated by putting numbers on the board. You embrace data and can use it to create comprehensive strategies. You know how to pivot in response to numbers and will use them to determine next steps.
- Solution-Focused and Efficient - You know how to manage complex projects and prioritize appropriately. You operate with urgency and efficiency. You create clear and logical processes to support your work and that of the organization.
- Passionate - You care about mentoring youth. You care about changing lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to impact the world.
- Fun - You are overflowing with positive energy and you make people around you feel happy just by you being you. The work we do is serious, but we know how to have a good time and you should too.
We want to ensure this is a good fit for you and us. Please feel free to reach out with any questions to stephanie@BBBSLR.org or 724-837-6198
Your application has been successfully submitted.