Program Team Member
Reading Is FUNdamental Pittsburgh is looking for a bright, energetic, entrepreneurial individual to join our team and play an integral role as we relaunch in-person programming amid “the new normal.”
RIF Pittsburgh is dedicated to reducing the literacy gap in our community by providing books and motivational literacy programming to our community’s most economically disadvantaged children.
RIF Pittsburgh’s programs follow children from birth into their teens providing literacy programming for kids in neighborhoods of need all across Pittsburgh and Wilkinsburg. Our largest program, Books for Keeps (BFK), visits pre-K to 6th-grade classrooms across the city to host exciting reading celebrations. Our Storymobiles deliver programming for our teeniest readers through older school-age students, and frequently attend community events in our seven target neighborhoods. Book Babies invites parents and tots ages one to three to storytimes on Facebook Live twice a week and gives books, toys, and care items to families to strengthen at-home literacy development. Finally, our mentoring programs, Everybody Wins! (EW!) and RIF Readers, pair early and emerging readers with volunteer mentors for weekly reading and talk sessions. Together, our core programs provide a network of literacy support that follows children throughout every stage of their development, engaging the important adults in their life all along the way.
Program Team Members will participate in all aspects of our program(s) including program development and delivery and community and partner relations.
At RIF, we recruit people, not qualifications. Each member of our team is hired because we believe they will be a true asset in helping to carry out our mission and vision, and we shape their role at RIF around their talents.
- A passion for and experience in working with youth and underserved populations
- A teaching, early childhood, camp counselor and/or literacy background a plus
- A can-do attitude, the ability to manage multiple tasks and excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly motived, innovative, well-organized, and able to prioritize duties
- Must be a team player, understand the nature of a small organization and be open to do whatever needs to be done
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel Point; experience with library software, design software and web development a plus
Underrepresented candidates, including Black and non-Black people of color, and people who identify as LGBTQ+, are encouraged to apply.
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com
For more information on RIF Pittsburgh, visit www.rifpittsburgh.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.