Social Media / Digital Coordinator
As a volunteer-led organization, we believe that the time has come to seek a part-time consulting expertise in communications, public relations and social media.
Town Halls are held approximately every two months, and while we have had as many as 170 registrants, we have experienced significant drop-off on the day of our events. We would like to review our method for reminding and attracting registrants to join Town Halls when they occur.
Further, we believe that there may be more effective ways to generate public and media interest for future Town Halls.
Work closely with the leaders of SWPATHS Town Hall Steering Committee to grow the audience for the air quality town halls. Discuss creating accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and amplify messaging across all platforms with the goal of audience growth. Alternatively, amplify messages through our collaborative accounts (East End Residents Fight Pollution, North Braddock Residents for Our Future, Rail Pollution Protection Pittsburgh etc.)
- Keep the SWPATHS website updated with the most recent videos, campaigns, messaging, blogs and photos, etc. via WordPress and Elementor.
- Discuss pros and cons of creating social media accounts with steering committee for SWPATHS.
- Send regular MailChimp emails to our established list to update the audience on new events, campaigns, news, etc.
- Assist on marketing/advertising Town Halls through social media boosts, Mailchimp, print and radio advertising.
- Social Media Skills: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok
- Knowledge of WordPress/ Elementor
- Graphic Design Skills a plus
- Knowledge of air quality messaging and concerns in SWPA a plus
- Familiarity with updating websites
- Familiarity with managing social media sites
- Creating Tik Tok videos, memes, etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Air Quality Town Halls