Community Fundraising Coordinator
At Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our organization grows and succeeds when all members of the community, where we live and serve, have a seat at the table to help us ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat. We invite candidates from all diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, etc., to join our team.
Experienced, take-charge team player with a love for community outreach and fundraising. The incumbent should provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
Shares primary responsibility with one other Community Fundraising Coordinator for organizing, implementing and evaluating Food Bank fundraising partnerships to ensure a strong return on investment, proactively promoting and supporting a growing number of food and fund drives and supporting third-party events to promote increased donations to benefit the FoodBank.
Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
Community fundraising coordinator will be cross trained to support corporate and community engagement efforts which will also include volunteer recruitment, corporate fundraising and delivery of community education and outreach programming.
The incumbent should enjoy working in a fast-paced, evolving environment, and demonstrate the ability to embrace the Food Bank’s commitment to treat all people with equity and respect in pursuit of our mission to feed people in need and mobilize our community to eliminate hunger.
Third-Party Fundraising and Food and Fund Drive Outreach and Support
- Actively solicit groups, companies, and organizations to host third-party events and food and fund drives and meeting budgeted revenue targets for this aspect of the Food Bank’s fundraising plan.
- Collaborate with the Community Engagement Team to help drive volunteers toward becoming donors or fundraisers and encourage donors and fundraisers to become volunteers helping to deepen their commitment to the Food Bank.
- Proactively build relationships and steward existing Food Bank supporters who host activities to benefit the organization.
- Help ensure the success of these activities via the request of collateral materials, speaker requests and event promotion on the Food Bank website and social channels.
- Work with the communications team to refine and update all outreach materials, including Food & Fund Drive Kit, virtual food drive materials and language for website and social media.
Event Planning and Production
- Assist in solicitation of monetary and in-kind sponsorships for Food Bank events.
- Take leadership role in planning and executing signature events.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and cleanup for events as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of experience in a non-profit work environment, preferably with a record of successful relationship management and meeting revenue goals.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and work environment; ability to work a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work with communities to engage and recruit supporters through various channels.
- Demonstrated experience working with fundraising or CRM database(s), project management software, electronic calendars, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to pass the Act 33 and Act 34 clearances.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Your application has been successfully submitted.