Global Creative Assistant
Amizade seeks a full-time Global Creative Assistant to support the design and implementation of marketing and social media campaigns to build and strengthen the Amizade brand. The candidate will also be responsible to act as site liaison with multiple community partners around the world, and must be willing to travel for at least 5 weeks out of the year. Training and support will be provided to help the candidate succeed in the position, especially the site liaison role.
The ideal candidate will have professional creative experience, be inspired to work in the field of global education, and be passionate about social justice and equity in education.
This is a remote work / work from home position, aside from the work-related travel mentioned above. Proximity to Amizade’s US hub in Pittsburgh, PA is strongly preferred.
Amizade is a Pittsburgh-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire empathy, catalyze social action, and link diverse networks through Fair Trade Learning. Through unique partnerships with universities and other organizations, Amizade is able to offer global service-learning programs with a variety of program focal points. These partnerships provide students, staff, faculty and a wide range of volunteers with the opportunity to engage with community organizations in the Appalachian region, Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador, Ghana, Jamaica, Italy, the Navajo Nation, Northern Ireland, the Pine Ridge Reservation, Poland, Puerto Rico, Spain, Trinidad & Tobago, and Washington DC.
Marketing and Social Media (50%):
- Support the Amizade creative team in content creation and marketing, including developing newsletters, blogs, and videos.
- Analyze current communications efforts and research trends in the global education and nonprofit sectors.
- Manage Amizade’s social media accounts.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and Outreach to develop social media and marketing strategies.
- Monitor Amizade’s website and social media accounts and report on analytics.
- Assist with website development and graphic design as needed.
Site Liaison and Program (40%):
- Manage, direct, and lead Amizade programs as Site Liaison for multiple community site partners.
- Implement global service learning programs in an inspiring and reflective way.
Administrative and Organizational (10%):
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director.
- Contribute to an organizational culture of agility, innovation, and collaboration.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Speak on behalf of Amizade.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Must embrace Amizade’s mission and commitment to access to global education for all.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- A proven ability to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team, especially important for remote work.
- Ability to think creatively and generate innovative ideas.
- Understanding of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linkedin, TikTok, etc.).
- Proficiency in one or more of the following areas: Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Wordpress, video production and editing.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Understanding of / commitment to cultural humility.
- General availability to work online during Amizade’s typical office hours: 9:00am-4:30pm ET.
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends/evenings.
- Ability to travel globally at least five weeks per year.
- Have a driver's license and be able and open to drive 12/15 passenger vans.
- Professional experience or educational background in marketing and communications. Experience in the global education or nonprofit sectors a plus.
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with a wide range of diverse partners.
- Experience in experiential learning programming.
- Proficiency in another language, in addition to English.
Salary and benefits: $35,000-$40-000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent healthcare and 401k match.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and list of references to email@example.com. If applicable, please include 2-3 samples of your work: graphics, posters, videos, web pages, successful social media campaigns, etc. Electronic submissions only please. Review of applications will begin immediately. Cover letters should indicate the position to which the writer is applying, experiences and training relevant to the position in question, evidence of personal drive, ability to work independently and in teams, and excellence as a self-starter.
For questions and further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Global service and learning for a more just and joyful world