Volunteer Video Editor
Do you want to be a part of building an organization that offers mindfulness practices in order to improve the mental health and well-being of educators, helping professionals, and families?
Awaken Pittsburgh is a young 501(c)(3) working to bring mindfulness-based social and emotional regulation skills to a variety of audiences. We are looking to get the word out about the good work that we do. We need support shooting, producing, and editing impactful video content relating to our mindfulness programs and organizational mission and vision. We are looking for a volunteer to offer a few hours a week to support this work. We have no equipment or software to offer, so the perfect volunteer for us will also be able to offer use of their own equipment. This could be video editing only (in which case it could be fully remote) or it could be someone local who could take video and/or photographs and help us build that content as well!
Tasks that you may perform include:
- Assembling raw footage and transferring or uploading to shared drive
- Inputting sound to enhance footage
- Inputting graphics to enhance footage
- Digitally splicing video and synchronizing them into one file
- Improving and correcting lighting, coloring, sound quality, etc. as needed
- Inserting captions for increased accessibility
- Managing our YouTube Channel
Skills you will need also include:
- A strong understanding of what makes a powerful narrative and how to communicate that narrative across multiple platforms.
- Training and experience in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Ability to demonstrate the personal and emotional impact of our work.
- Nimble, can-do attitude. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in order to complete them accurately and on schedule.
- Willingness to embrace change and adapt to strategy on the fly.
- Willingness to listen to feedback from others and find the best ways to incorporate that feedback.
- Flexibility to deal with unanticipated projects.
Awaken Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer and wishes to promote the diversity of our volunteers, subcontractors and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other diverse identity or protected classification.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connect Mindfully. Live Fully.