Location: Pittsburgh based
Salary: $50,000-$58,000 -- commensurate with experience
Girl Scouts is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls in kindergarten through twelfth grade, and our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character. At Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania, we’re committed to providing every girl the chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
The Financial Analyst will oversee the accurate recording and reconciliation of the monthly activity in the general ledger in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, as well as the preparation of the draft financial statements, and preparation of specialty analyses and reports. The Financial Analyst supports the budgeting, external audit, finance functions, and Council.
- Prepare monthly draft financial statements for review
- Perform monthly closing procedures for the various subsidiary ledger systems
- Prepare and post journal entries, with appropriate supporting documentation
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare specialty financial analyses and ad-hoc reports for leadership education and decision making
- Analyze annual department budget submissions and summarize budget/forecast activity
- Support the year-end audit activities with external auditors and prepare footnotes and specialty schedules
- Distribute monthly departmental financial reports
- Analyze Budget vs Actual fluctuations, interpret data and prepare specialty analyses and recommendations for decision making
- Contact other departments and/or outside agencies to research and resolve problems and provide departmental recommendations and guidance
- Support, cross-train, and back-up payroll processing and other Finance Team members
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum of 5 years advanced/complex accounting and financial analysis experience required
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Financial and analytical experience in an equivalent sized $5-$10-million-dollar organization required
- ADP payroll processing experience a plus
- Proficiency in financial reporting and GAAP required
- Proficient in computer-based general ledger and subsidiary system software applications and willingness to learn new computer software applications
- Experience with Abila/MIP software a plus
- Strong financial analytical skills required to extract and analyze data
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills to simply complex problems and propose solutions
- Strong presentation skills needed
- Advanced Excel skills, spreadsheet links, pivot tables, SUMIF and VLOOKUP required
- Must be organized, detail orientated, and customer focused
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
Summary and Benefits:
Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania is one of three Girl Scout councils in Pennsylvania. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that supports 27 counties in western Pennsylvania and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Clearances and criminal background checks are required.
Our generous benefit package includes:
- A hybrid workweek, with up to 3 days of remote work each week
- Health and HSA, dental and vision insurance available
- Company paid life and long-term disability
- Supplemental benefit options: short-term disability, cancer insurance, life insurance, and accident insurance
- 401(k) plan, both pre-tax and ROTH options, with employer match
- A generous paid time off policy
- 15 paid holidays annually (office closure between December 24-Jan 1)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- FSA options for health, dependent care, and parking expenses
- Employee Assistance Program
Apply today to be part of our mission to help build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.