Digital Skills Instructor
The Digital Skills Instructor is responsible for leading Literacy Pittsburgh digital skills classes as assigned utilizing the Northstar curriculum and working in support of agency priorities. The Digital Skills Instructor ensures a high-quality experience for students by providing excellent student instruction and support to advance student learning and goal attainment.
Teaching, Learning and Support
- Teach assigned classes in designated locations, in-person, remotely, and/or hybrid instruction.
- Adapt and customize lesson plans as needed.
- Assist students one on one as needed.
- Provide support and referrals for students to address learning barriers and training, work, and education transition needs related to program participation.
- Arrange for assessment and evaluation of students.
Program Improvement and Compliance
- Actively engage in professional development and on-going training to ensure high-quality teaching that leads to strong student outcomes.
- Collect, analyze and monitor key student performance data, including attendance hours, student assessment scores, learning objectives, student feedback, and outcomes for state and federal compliance, student learning objectives, and overall program improvement.
- Monitor progress and solve problems to ensure program compliance with applicable state, federal, and other grant requirements.
- Participate with internal agency committees and teams, as well as relevant external partnerships.
- Follow agency protocols and processes for effective service delivery.
- Show leadership by offering expertise locally and regionally.
- All other duties as assigned by Special Projects Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field.
- Experience in teaching adults preferred.
- Experience teaching computer skills preferred.
- Proficiency in workplace digital platforms, Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook and Email as well as online video conferencing and presentation (Zoom, Teams, Google Meet), additional tech knowledge desired but not required.
- Knowledge of mobile technology and applications.
- Flexibility, adaptable to changing needs and schedules.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive working relationships with, build rapport with, and motivate diverse groups of people to achieve their education and career goals.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and public speaking.
- A passion for education and educational programming.
- A desire to continually learn and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Act 33/34 clearances
- Requires flexible scheduling, including teaching evenings and some weekends.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Work requires talking, listening, seeing
- Requires use of personal vehicle for local travel
Salary Range: $36.000-$38.000 annually
Your application has been successfully submitted.