Out-of-School Time Coordinator
The Homeless Children’s Education Fund (HCEF) is looking for an enthusiastic team member to lead out-of-school time programming. The Out-of-school time coordinator will lead afterschool and summer programming including special enrichment opportunities. Applicants with a teaching certification or certification in process are preferred. All applicants must possess current Act 33/34 and FBI clearances.
- Fulltime Position
- Reports to Director of Educational Services
The position includes a benefit package, which provides health, dental, vision, a 401K Plan with a 3% discretionary match, as well as paid vacation and holidays.
The Out-of-School Time Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations, evaluation, and planning of HCEF’s out-of-school-time shelter-based afterschool and summer academic and HCEF’s arts, science, and cultural enrichment programs.
Afterschool & Summer Program:
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the Afterschool & Summer Programs
- Manage a team of afterschool and summer program instructors who delivery daily programming at shelter and housing agency sites
- Assist Family Engagement Coordinator with family events to promote attendance, enrollment, and engagement in afterschool and summer programs
- Support instructors and housing agency staff in developing connections to local schools
- Maintain inventory of program supplies and deliver materials to program sites as needed
- Identify opportunities to expand HCEF Out-of-School Time programs to additional locations
- Collaborate with local schools to encourage engagement with summer and afterschool programs
- Training volunteers
- Coordinate and Manage the day-to-day operations of the Enrichment program
- Organize an annual Enrichment Provider Fair
- Update and maintain the Enrichment Program handbook
- Collect information from housing providers to guide budgeting and scheduling of enrichment workshops
- Ensure that all enrichment providers are up to date with instructor clearances
- Maintain relationships with current enrichment providers and identify opportunities for new partnerships
- Identify opportunities to expand enrichment programming to additional locations
Supportive Services available to Shelters & Housing Agency Partners:
- Coordinate, Plan, and Manage supportive services for shelter and housing agency partners including:
- Annual Backpack Distribution
- Assisting with Mini-Grants
- Learning Centers & Technology
- Building and fostering relationships with local western pa schools to provide support to McKinney Vento homeless families work along with Family Engagement Coordinator
- Implement feedback surveys and interviews to assess the quality of programs
- Help develop additional measures of assessing program impact
- Assist with development and monitoring of out-of-school time budgets and expenses
- Mentor out-of-school time program interns
- Produce program reports, data, narratives and visuals
- Recruit and hire afterschool and summer program instructors
- Assist in the writing of out-of-school time program grant proposals and reports
- Additional duties as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience teaching/leading out-of-school time programming
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to relate positively and respectfully to children of all ages, parents, volunteers, and other professionals
- Creativity and ability to foster a love of learning in children of all ages
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
- Access to reliable transportation
- Understanding of the significance of out-of-school-time programming in the lives of underserved children and proven ability to provide a safe, structured and enriching environment
- Sensitivity regarding the psychological and behavioral impacts of trauma in children and parents
- Previous experience working with students who’ve experienced trauma and/or homelessness strongly preferred
- Values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Flexibility – must be willing to work with a transient population that may change throughout the school year
This position will report to the Director of Educational Services and will include a hybrid work schedule. This position will work remotely, out in the community, at shelter and housing agency sites, and at the HCEF office at 1901 Centre Ave, Suite 301, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
The position is exempt and full-time.
While HCEF's typical hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., the hours for this position may vary and will occasionally include evening hours when visiting afterschool program sites.
Homeless Children’s Education Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Kaitlyn Nykwest at email@example.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating hope through learning