Community and Economic Development Director
Come join a team that is making a difference in our Community!
Westmoreland Community Action (WCA) is a non-profit organization that works to improve individuals and families quality of life and reduce poverty in the community.
WCA is currently seeking a Community and Economic Development Director. The CED Director provides strategic direction, administration, supervision and holds the primary responsibility of implementing and overseeing day-to-day services of the WCA Community Economic Development Department. This currently includes workforce development programs, volunteer income tax assistance clinics, a Neighborhood Partnership Program, a social enterprise, a pilot community micro-loan program, and affordable housing development.
Benefits of working at WCA:
- 15 paid Holiday's.
- 10 days of vacation in first year of employment.
- 3.69 hours of sick time accrued per pay period.
- 100% Employer paid Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Polices.
- Employer pays 80% of individual Medical Insurance Premium.
- 8% retirement match after 1 year and 1000 hours of service
- Mileage reimbursement
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage programs with limited oversight.
- Interpret, apply, and explain government and agency regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Develop agendas and lead high-impact meetings.
- Oversee Real Estate Development.
- Tactfully mediate conversations between different program stakeholders, including those that might involve sensitive issues related to equity and access to housing and services.
- Effectively lead a team and motivate employees to reach their highest potential.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in either sociology, social work, psychology, counseling, education, urban planning or other related field.
- Experience implementing or supporting trauma-informed care.
- Five years of supervisory experience required.
- Experience overseeing real estate development.
- A professional and collaborative approach to challenging situations.
- A commitment to serving and empowering individuals and communities to have involvement in the decision making process and agency over the decisions that impact their lives.
Westmoreland Community Action is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects our community and those that we seek to serve. If you, in good faith, believe that you are qualified to succeed in this position, we encourage you to apply.
Please submit resume and cover letter to tell us about your unique qualifications to HR@westmorelandca.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.