Chief Financial Officer
At Familylinks, we want to see thriving communities of healthy and strong people. We achieve this by positively impacting lives through our integrated community, behavioral, and social programs. We work with one mission: everything we do serves a purpose to help others.
Familylinks believes that everyone who comes to work here is a valuable part of the team, and we make every effort to provide a comprehensive benefits package with lots of extras, work/life balance, training and education and room for growth.
Does that sound like you? Then look no further. Apply today!!
The CFO is a dynamic leader with a proven ability to manage people and processes in a fast-paced environment. This position requires strong business acumen with the ability to do the following:
- Communicate, collaborate, and form working partnerships with staff.
- Improve organizational effectiveness and analyze financial, government, and regulatory information to construct appropriate funding streams.
- Connect sound financial decision-making to the successful advance of the mission and achievement of the strategic plan.
Leadership and Management
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Manage the Finance and Billing departments (eight staff members) with transparency, approachability, and trust.
- Evaluate individual programs from a financial perspective, making recommendations regarding sustainability.
- Communicate, engage, and interact with Board of Directors, CEO, COO, and Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with Familylinks plan for growth and expansion.
- Implement policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate by either the Executive Team or the Leadership team.
Financial Analysis and Strategy
- Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and weekly cash flow by programs.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop, and execute analysis of business initiatives and/or new service offerings.
Administration and Operations
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, SOX compliance, and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy of financial, and management reporting data for all funders, foundations, and the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors. Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure fund availability.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or MBA preferred.
- Previous experience managing diverse revenue streams, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- 10+plus years accounting or finance experience and 5+ years supervising staff.
- Experience with Black Baud products including Financial Edge.
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS and SEC reporting.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- The CFO must support the organization’s mission along with sensitivity of cultural and workplace harmony.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues.
Familylinks is an EEO Employer and Provider
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Strong. For Life.