SisTers PGH is looking for an Office Secretary to become a part of our work to end the homelessness crisis faced by our transgender and nonbinary communities of Pittsburgh/Allegheny County. The Office Secretary would be responsible for providing day-to-day secretarial duties as well as overseeing the Name Change Project. You will primarily be working with trans and gender-nonconforming people who receive our services, although you will also be providing support to the QTNB+ community at large. Preference will be given to candidates with the lived experience of our primary service demographic.
Our care practice is rooted in harm reduction, human rights principles, economic and social justice, along with a commitment to empowerment and pride in finding solutions from our own community. This position is $17/hour, full time at 40 hours per week.
- Minimum requirement of knowing trans and gender-nonconforming identities and culture
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have secretarial experiences, such as typing, phone etiquette, organization, and time management
- Preferred experience navigating court offices
- Must submit state and FBI background check
- Must be able to pass child abuse clearances
- Must have access to consistent and reliable transportation
- Must be a resident of Pittsburgh/Allegheny County
Name Change Duties:
- Conduct intake assessments and maintain all name change files
- Educate clients about the name change process, connect them to appropriate resources, assist with their paperwork, and accompany them to appointments as needed
- Complete a minimum of five name changes per month
- Host three name change webinars per year
- Additional duties as needed
- Assist clients who visit or call, directing them to the appropriate staff member and making referrals as needed
- Check infobox emails and social media messages
- Keep the office clean and organized at all times
- Coordinate with other departments and assist coworkers as needed
- Order supplies
- Attend monthly board meetings, held the last Sunday of each month
- Attend daily meetings with the Executive Director and Administrative Assistant, M-F at 10am
- Additional duties as necessary and determined by the Executive Director
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter explaining your interest and experience in this position. If selected for an interview you will be contacted by a representative of SisTers PGH . Thank you for your interest.
Your application has been successfully submitted.