Coordinator, Staff Training, & Development
Job Summary: The Coordinator will manage the overall training and development function at Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, organizing and implementing programs for all staff. They will assess system-wide needs and coordinate with appropriate library staff and managers to ensure related initiatives are fulfilled.
Location: CLP-Main Library (Human Resources), Pittsburgh, PA.
Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week; days, Monday-Friday.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Hiring Supervisor: Paul Vanderwiel, Director of Human Resources
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities & Experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills;
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods;
- Ability to incorporate different learning styles and inclusionary practices;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives;
- Ability to plan and deliver internal communication to all levels of staff;
- Ability to design, implement and present effective training and development;
- Ability to learn general software, HRIS and/or other learning platforms;
- Extremely proficient with internal communication tools and software; including Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office Suite and related program software.
Education and Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Five years of applied organizational training and development experience utilizing the competencies noted above; including related project management experience and leadership of organization-wide initiatives;
- Or combination of equivalent education and experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assesses organizational training and development needs through surveys, interviews, and communication with staff, managers, and informational methods;
- Presents training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, videos and online/virtual channels;
- Develops annual training calendar and coordinates scheduling of system-wide training efforts including staff participation with the strategic planning process;
- Creates, organizes, plans, and presents various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training;
- Maintains proficiency in CLP software platforms for staff communication, collaboration, and document governance; ensure all staff receive training and appropriate onboarding to ensure effective usage of these tools;
- Provides leadership to the M365 training group;
- Develops unique training programs to fulfill organizational needs, including system wide programs, Staff Development Day, staff and manager training, as well as specific individual staff needs to maintain or improve job skills;
- Ensures training methods and programs align with organizational standards and values, including inclusionary practices to integrate different learning styles;
- Creates and/or acquires training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials;
- Maintains learning systems, and works with external vendors to configure accordingly;
- Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements;
- Identifies and assign instructors to conduct specific training and development;
- Assesses training materials prepared by instructors;
- Stays current with best practices for sustainability and scalability, for both current and new employees;
- Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback;
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development;
- Prepares training budget proposals; maintains records and reports of expenses;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Clearance and Travel Requirements:
- PA State Criminal Background Check
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Local travel required (generally 20%); requires ability to independently travel.
Your application has been successfully submitted.