Board of Director
The Oakland Transportation Management Association (OTMA) and its Board of Directors serves the Oakland community through advocacy and provision of information to encourage good transportation choices by commuters, residents and visitors alike with the goal of increasing the use of modes other than the automobile. These alternative modes will reduce congestion and improve the quality of the street environment and therefore the quality of life in Oakland.The vision of OTMA is for an Oakland that is an integrated and legible urban core. To that end, OTMA seeks to expand its board to include additional voices that are passionate about its mission.
Member of the Board Directors of OTMA are prized for sharing their time, expertise and resources with the corporation. OTMA Board Directors volunteer approximately 15-20 hours per year on OTMA-related activities.
In general, the responsibilities and expectations as a member of the OTMA Board of Directors are to:
- Be well-informed about all the aspects of the Oakland Transportation and Management Association (OTMA)
- Exercise all necessary legal and fiduciary responsibilities that are part of effective governance
- Look for opportunities to increase the financial resources available to OTMA
- Help to establish goals that are measurable to guide the organization’s progress
- Seek to understand current organizational challenges
- Be an effective community advocate for OTMA
- Share community perceptions of the OTMA’s work with the Board and staff to aid in assessment of OTMA’s efforts
- Attend at least 75% of the board and committee meetings
- Actively participate in the hiring and evaluation of the Executive Director
- Respect the role and responsibility of the Executive Director and the critically important partnership between the Director and the Board
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Oakland Transportation Management Association