Communications and External Relations Manager
Vibrant Pittsburgh envisions a future where Pittsburgh employers offer inclusive workplaces that foster prosperity and belonging, making them a top choice for people of all backgrounds. Many share our vision for a prosperous and inclusive Pittsburgh and are pursuing impact through various approaches – focusing on advocacy to drive policy change, conducting and publishing research, and convening public and private regional leadership to develop solutions that enhance the diversity and economic vitality of the region. In conjunction with these efforts from regional partners, Vibrant Pittsburgh plays a unique role in catalyzing a new future for workplace diversity in Pittsburgh by providing resources and partnering with the business community and business leaders to drive measurable progress towards more diverse and inclusive organizations.
Mission: Vibrant Pittsburgh’s mission is to accelerate the business community toward equitable, inclusive, and diverse workplaces, creating a future-forward region.
Role Overview: The Communications and External Relations Manager will support the activities of the Vibrant Pittsburgh team in their efforts to raise awareness of the Vibrant Pittsburgh brand with external audiences including current and potential member organizations, the general public, media, grant making institutions, and community partners. The Communications and External Relations Manager will supervise Vibrant Pittsburgh’s social media, website, and public relations content while also managing the delivery of external relations elements related to Vibrant Pittsburgh’s members and community partners. This position is a primarily remote, hybrid role that will require a highly organized, proactive team player who is passionate about delivering professional, high-quality communications to key Vibrant Pittsburgh stakeholders.
The Communications and External Relations Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- With the Management team, strategize opportunities to build brand awareness for Vibrant Pittsburgh and its member organizations
- Manage the creation, execution, and process for social media, public relations, marketing, and website content, ensuring high quality deliverables
- Research speaking opportunities, panels and guest posting opportunities for the Vibrant Pittsburgh management team
- Ideate on ways to expand Vibrant Pittsburgh’s member network and reach in targeted industries and sectors
- Coordinate, write and edit key external projects such as Vibrant Pittsburgh’s member newsletter, Jobsburgh talent newsletter, the Vibrant Index Summary Report, and the Annual Report
- Deliver regular reports on marketing reach and other related metrics in external communications
- Ensure that Vibrant Pittsburgh’s brand and identity is consistent, clear, and authentic
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and reduction of execution complexity
- Own communications and external relations output to ensure flawless execution and delivery
- Actively participate in Vibrant Pittsburgh programming and events to ensure delivery of a consistent brand and organizational voice
- Superior copywriting, communication, and editing skills, with a sharp eye for accuracy, syntax, grammar, and aesthetics; detail oriented
- Strong ability to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Skilled in project management, with the ability to coordinate many activities and manage deadlines
- Command of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint)
- Strong knowledge of Social Media outlets including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and WordPress
- Familiarity and ease with Constant Contact
- Bilingual ability an asset
Candidates with previous experience in marketing, communications, and external relations in nonprofit environments will be considered favorably.
A high school diploma is required; a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field of study preferred.
Salary Range: $47,600-$64,400; salary will be commensurate with experience. This position is full-time with benefits.
Competitive Benefits Package:
- Flexible hybrid schedules with in-person co-work environment as an option
- High-quality medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid parental leave
- Employer assisted professional development opportunities
- Transportation reimbursement
- And more!
Apply: Resumes and cover letters will be accepted only via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Communications and External Relations Manager. Please send resumes and cover letters in both Word and PDF formats.
Vibrant Pittsburgh does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetics, or military status in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring, and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.