Housing Stabilization Programs Grant Accountant
As Pittsburgh’s largest non-profit developer, ACTION-Housing exists to help people improve their lives by offering quality, affordable housing. We pride ourselves on helping all of our clients to achieve more self-sufficient lives. Since 1957, we’ve assisted a wide array of populations throughout Southwestern Pennsylvania, focusing on those generally underserved by traditional services including senior citizens, veterans, individuals with physical and/or intellectual disabilities, individuals on the autism spectrum, and youths who have aged out of foster care.
To further our mission we are looking for a Housing Stabilization Programs Grant Accountant.
Perform accounting functions for various grant funded programs of ACTION-Housing, Inc., AHI Development, Inc., and subsidiaries.
- Monthly program invoicing to funders
- Monthly general ledger review and analysis
- General journal entries
- Monitor program accounts receivable to ensure that timely payments are received from funders
- Annual program budget preparation for Agency budget
- Quarterly monitoring of program budget to actual results for various funding sources
- Program budget to actual financial statement preparation and presentation to program managers and program staff at scheduled program meetings
- Participation in annual grant contract renewal and budgeting process for assigned grants with Assistant Controller
- Fiscal year program close out for assigned programs and other annual audit preparation duties as assigned
- Create and maintain financial spreadsheets and reports as needed for invoicing and reporting
- Work with Program Manager(s) on periodic (quarterly or annual) financial grant reporting to funders for assigned programs
- Other projects or duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting or educational equivalent, and 2-4 years’ accounting work experience.
- Proficiency with Accounting software, Excel, Outlook, Word, and Adobe software. Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge is a plus.
- Experience with nonprofit grant accounting and government funded programs is highly desired.
ACTION-Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
All staff are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Your application has been successfully submitted.