Employment Coordinator (Matching Grant)
Working from our Pittsburgh, PA office, the Employment Coordinator (Matching Grant) is responsible for ensuring that newly arrived refugees, SIVs, and Afghan parolees are able to secure fair and equitable employment opportunities. This includes supporting refugee enrollment in employment training and recertification programs as needed, reviewing resumes for comparable skill sets, job matching with our employer connections, and creating relationships with employers.
This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer. We are currently on a hybrid return-to-work and in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees.
Reports To: Director of Refugee Resettlement
- Liaise between employers and match clients to secure, appropriate employment.
- Help newly arrived refugees build a resume or adapt an existing C.V. to represent the career pathway they are seeking.
- Assist job seekers with all job search-related activities.
- Develop an individualized career development plan with the job seeker.
- Maintain and grow relationships with employers and share candidates for opportunities within their organization.
- Evaluate candidates’ skills to help identify appropriate positions.
- Aid clients in the completion of pre-employment paperwork and screenings.
- Provide transportation to all initial employment interviews and bus orientation for permanent placements.
- Provide all post-90-day case management services to all members of the Matching Grant case. This includes any support and referral services that arise during the Matching Grant period.
- Coordinate and present pre and post-employment training for all job-seeking Hello Neighbor clients.
- Help clients meet their self-sufficiency goals and requirements by the end of the Matching Grant period.
- Create and maintain all Matching Grant case files.
- Provide timely, detailed case notes for all employment and case management services occurring during the 240-day Matching Grant period.
- Maintain detailed relationship records for all Hello Neighbor employment contacts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Requires 4+ years of related and/or applicable work experience and a demonstrated ability to effectively work with refugee and immigrant communities
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Car, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- A team player
- Energetic, motivated, and hardworking
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Living migration experience and fluency in other languages are a plus
- Hello Neighbor offers a comprehensive benefits package including 3 weeks PTO, sick days, and time off for civic engagement plus an annual office closure in December, health care, vision, and dental coverage, a matching IRA, and an emphasis on professional development
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis through November 30, 2022
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview in December
- Estimated start date: December
- Salary range: $42,000-45,000
Your application has been successfully submitted.