Grant and Development Associate
BASIC FUNCTION: This a key position that plays an essential role to the Development Director in execution of the agency’s strategic map, raising funds through grant writing and eliciting individual donors and donation and assisting the agency meet its funds and friends raising goals to advance the agency’s mission. Must have strong technical writing skills, the ideal candidate will have the ability to manage projects, as well as advocate and obtain buy-in from people across the agency. The Development Department is a highly effective team that works to raise individual, corporate, government, and foundation support for CLASS’s Mission.
REPORT: Supervision received: Director of Development
Supervision exercised: None
- Research and identify prospective individual donors, corporations, and foundations as source of new funding. Manage projects and solicit buy in from all stakeholders.
- Serve as principal grant writer including, but not limited to: conducting research on prospective corporate, foundation, and government funding opportunities, timely submission of proposals, and incorporating agency leaders’ edits and feedback.
- Maintain accurate grant submission and reporting calendar.
- Prepare materials for presentations with prospective funders.
- Proactively pursue budget data, program information, current statistics, and outcomes for proposals’ timely submission and communication to stakeholders.
- Write, contribute, and/or edit articles for agency communications and marketing.
- Support overall operations of the department by compiling monthly fundraising reports, as well as other reports as needed.
- Assist in marketing the agency through the use of outcome data to regularly communicate with donors, referral agencies, key decision makers, clients, and volunteers.
- Participate in the External Affairs Committee providing development reports when requested
- Assist in planning and execution of fundraising events as directed.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the cultural diversity of consumers, volunteers, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Lead and follow as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the CEO and DOD.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree in nonprofit management or a related field preferred
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License and proof of insurance
- Meet the required Skills and Abilities described herein
- Possess and communicate a passion for CLASS’s Mission.
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong donor cultivation and stewardship skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills; ability to deal professionally and effectively with the public.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills required. Must be proficient in MS Office products and database software.
- Strong keyboard skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet firm deadlines; results oriented.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly with individuals at all levels.
- Possession of strong analytical skills and sound judgement.
- Capable of making timely, independent decisions.
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgement.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS/REQUIREMENTS
- Contact with staff and non-staff (e.g., client families, referents, staff from other community agencies.)
- Work is performed in an office setting and sedentary; requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Requires full range of body motion including manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
- Sitting, standing, walking, typing, turning in chair, stooping and reaching for files.
- Ability to receive and respond to phone calls; face to face conversation.
- Ability to see and interact with text and graphical information on screens, read forms and printouts.
- Ability to use office equipment such as copiers, scanners, computers, telephones, and fax machines.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds.
CLASS does not discriminate against any person regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, disability, age in admission, treatment, or by participation in programs, services and activities, or in employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Working Toward A Community Where Each Belongs