Storymobile Team Member
Reading Is FUNdamental Pittsburgh is looking for a bright, energetic, entrepreneurial individual to join our team and play an integral role as we relaunch in-person programming amid “the new normal.”
RIF Pittsburgh is dedicated to reducing the literacy gap in our community by providing books and motivational literacy programming to our community’s most economically disadvantaged children.
The Storymobile program offers RIF Pittsburgh a unique opportunity to engage at-risk families and children in their own neighborhoods. In bi-weekly visits, this lending library-on-wheels travels to early childhood centers, pre-K and K classrooms and public housing communities to engage parents, caregivers, and children on the importance of literacy. These frequent visits allow RIF Pittsburgh to build strong relationships within these communities, tailor programming to their unique preferences and needs, and hopefully develop the Storymobile into a gathering place for positive, multi-generational interaction. Our Storymobile also participates in community events throughout the year, increasing our presence and impact, as well as raising awareness of our activities and our role in the local literacy community.
The Storymobile Team Member will participate in all aspects of the program including program development and delivery and community and partner relations.
At RIF, we recruit people, not qualifications. Each member of our team is hired because we believe they will be a true asset in helping to carry out our mission and vision, and we shape their role at RIF around their talents.
- A passion for and experience in working with youth and underserved populations
- A teaching, early childhood and/or literacy background a plus
- A can-do attitude, the ability to manage multiple tasks and excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly motived, innovative, well-organized, and able to prioritize duties
- Must be a team player, understand the nature of a small organization and be open to do whatever needs to be done
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel Point; experience with library software, design software and web development a plus
- Position requires full operation of the Storymobile vehicles
Underrepresented candidates, including Black and non-Black people of color, and people who identify as LGBTQ+, are encouraged to apply.
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com
For more information on RIF Pittsburgh, visit www.rifpittsburgh.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.