Supported Employment Liaison
Would you like a unique opportunity to work with a leader in the disability space and one of the best-known businesses in our region? We are looking for a Supported Employment Liaison to advance inclusion in the workforce.
This position is Achieva's liaison with Giant Eagle, creating and promoting opportunities for individuals with various disabilities and supporting them to become productive employees and contributors to the corporate mission. The majority of time is spent at various Giant Eagle locations. The successful candidate will have experience assessing skills, training job readiness skills, helping individuals meet employment goals and developing relationships with businesses to increase employment opportunities for students transitioning to the workforce and adults with disabilities.
Educational Requirements and Credentials:
- Post-secondary degree in rehabilitation counseling, social work, human resources, adult education, career and work counseling, or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to multiple locations including Giant Eagle and off-site locations.
Must have or obtain one of the following within six (6) months of first day of hire
- Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP) credential from the Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE);
- Basic or Professional Employment Services Certificate of Achievement in Employment Services from the Association of Community Rehabilitation Educators (ACRE).
- Act 33/34 and FBI clearances. Achieva pays for all required clearances.
At Achieva, we envision a community where all people with disabilities lead lives of personal significance. We are an organization of individuals, professionals, and community partners that help people reach their individualized goals. Throughout its 70 years, Achieva has been committed to the support and inclusion of those with disabilities.
Responsibilities - Overview:
- Learn Giant Eagle's values, procedures and processes; coordinate recruitment for high-demand job openings
- Help job candidates complete pre-employment activities from applying to interviewing to onboarding
- Identify training needs and educate Giant Eagle employees on the needs of those with disabilities.
- Ensure that the onboarding process is inclusive and addresses needed accommodations.
- Support the management team, HR, and front-line managers by making sure that needs and accommodations are in place prior to the employee's start date.
- Obtain the information needed to address any work related employment issues for those employees experiencing difficulty
- Assess and implement interventions to address skills gaps.
- Identify no-cost solutions to enhance the culture of diversity, inclusion and universal design.
- Ensure that eligible Work Opportunity Tax Credits are submitted and payments are tracked
- Achieva pays 90% of healthcare benefit premiums
- Achieva pays for life insurance and long-term disability
- Achieva contributes to the 403b pension with or without employee contribution
- Employees are eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness and tuition discounts at some local colleges and universities
Achieva is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (EOE) and an Employer Partner under the Ticket to Work Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Achieva is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for people with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resource Department.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping people with disabilities lead lives of personal significance.