Community Employment Specialist - Allegheny and Westmoreland County
Are you looking for an opportunity to help people find competitive employment? We are looking for a Community Employment Specialist.
The Community Employment Specialist connects people with disabilities with community-based, competitive employment. Working mainly in the community, this person assesses skills, builds job seeker competencies, establishes relationships with businesses and gives individuals the tools and support needed to be successful.
- High school diploma or GED
- Availability to work some evening and weekend hours based on job seeker’s schedule
- Willingness to transport individuals in personal vehicle
- ACRE certification within 6 months of hire.
At Achieva, we envision a community where all people with disabilities lead lives of personal significance. We are an organization of individuals, professionals, and community partners that help people reach their individualized goals. Throughout its 70 years, Achieva has been committed to the support and inclusion of those with disabilities.
Responsibilities - Overview:
- Help job seekers with disabilities secure competitive integrated employment through job finding or job development.
- Facilitate work assessments or job trials to evaluate a job seeker’s interest and abilities.
- Provide job shadowing opportunities for job seekers to explore employment options.
- Discover job opportunities, build and maintain relationships with employers and promote sustainable competitive integrated employment:
- Market Achieva employment supports and services and promote the inclusion to employers.
- Achieva pays 90% of healthcare benefit premiums
- Achieva pays for life insurance and long-term disability
- Achieva contributes to the 403b pension with or without employee contribution
- Employees are eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness and tuition discounts at some local colleges and universities
Achieva is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (EOE) and an Employer Partner under the Ticket to Work Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Achieva is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping people with disabilities lead lives of personal significance.