Brand Creative Specialist
The Brand and Creative Specialist is a highly-creative, highly-organized marketing professional who ensures brand consistency, excellent messaging, and compelling visuals are standard for all National Aviary materials. The Brand and Creative Specialist works within the Marketing team and a third party design agency to lead the creation of marketing collateral, signage and other onsite creative, advertising materials, and other creative pieces to support the promotional and public perception goals of the National Aviary. They will create, maintain an actively use a style guide, manage creative files, and optimize efficiency in creative content development for the Marketing Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the creation of creative materials through oversight of third party design agency, including but not limited to signage, brochures, and ad creative.
- Establishes and applies a style guide to improve brand consistency and strength.
- Creates organizational structure for National Aviary creative materials, including but not limited to photos, videos, ad creative, signage files, logos, fonts, and graphics.
- Maximizes team efficiencies and consistency of quality through development of select marketing assets and maintenance of all Marketing creative assets by proactively updating, labeling, and organizing digital, visual, and print files.
- Assesses and updates all branded materials and public facing messages with special focus on onsite creative, and signage to ensure excellent quality, accuracy, and brand standards.
- Collaborates with Marketing Team members on visual content needs including photography, videography, and design, working with National Aviary Photographer, and external photographers as needed.
- Takes photos and videos directly for short-term needs to enhance Aviary communications.
- Shares creative ideas for content that supports marketing strategies on regular basis.
- Creates select marketing materials, such as in-house signage and handouts, using Canva or other available programs.
- Ensures brand consistency for all materials and communications.
- Actively contributes to multi-media advertising campaigns (digital, print, broadcast, and outdoor).
- Adheres to all National Aviary protocols and procedures.
- Interacts with visitors utilizing National Aviary Visitor Engagement protocol.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Brand and Creative Specialist may supervise interns on seasonal or as needed basis.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent writing skills, and experience writing copy for marketing, sales or professional communication purposes
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with graphic design process
- Excellent standards for visual content quality
- Proficient using video editing software
- Ability to manage design agency and interdepartmental relationships
- Ability to adhere to fast-paced deadlines
- Photography experience using DSLR Point & Shoot Camera
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in marketing, public relations, business administration, communications, journalism, or related discipline.
- 1-2 years related experience
- Satisfactory Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse History Certification
- Satisfactory FBI Criminal Record Check
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to pass Department of Motor Vehicles check
While performing the duties of this job, the employee constantly operates a computer and occasionally moves about the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
Work environments will include climate-controlled office spaces; public areas where the noise level may be loud; outdoors where work may need to be done in inclement weather conditions, including extremes of temperature and precipitation.
POSITION TYPE/ EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
America’s only independent indoor nonprofit zoo for birds