Social Services Coordinator
The Social Services Coordinator will work with our guests not only to help them obtain their basic needs, but also establish a pathway to resolve some of the broader, daily challenges they face.
Interact daily with guests to build rapport and form an understanding of their needs.
Help guests acquire both internal and external services, such as:
- Receiving their mail and assist with responding as necessary.
- Signing up for SNAP and other government programs.
- Help obtain government identification, for example, a birth certificate, social security number, identification card.
- Assist with receiving help from programs for mental, physical or drug and alcohol problems.
- Work with guests to obtain housing as needed.
- Work with guests to obtain employment.
- Collaborate with other social services agencies.
- Help with obtaining transportation, clothing, and arrange financial support when proven necessary.
Collaborate with other social service staff to enroll guests in a case management program designed to move them from crisis to stability to self-sufficiency.
The successful candidate must possess:
- The ability to demonstrate compassion, patience, and an even temperament with a desire to help improve the lives of our guests.
- Experience and knowledge of homelessness and the issues of people living in poverty.
- Experience working in low-income communities.
- Understanding of housing assistance, workforce development, economic literacy, education, and career exploration.
- Knowledge of local networks, associations, and community organizations addressing the issues of the population in which Jubilee serves.
- The ability to be responsive, flexible, and adapt to evolving needs of guests.
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, partners, and guests.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
People Helping People