DREAMS OF HOPE (DOH), founded in 2003, is Pittsburgh’s premier arts-focused organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and allied (LGBTQIA+) youth. Through the power of the arts, Dreams of Hope provides young people a welcoming environment to grow in confidence, express themselves, develop as leaders, and learn to make positive changes in their communities.
The Operations Manager is responsible, in collaboration with Dreams of Hope staff and Board, for the overall success of the organization and is empowered to make decisions on behalf of DOH, under the discretion of the Artistic Director and/or Development Director. The Operation Manager collaborates with Staff and Board of Directors on setting the vision.
- Works in a collaborative team to facilitate the daily operations of Dreams of Hope.
- Develops appropriate, timely information for Staff Directors and Board of Directors to reach sound policy decisions.
- Monitors policies and operating procedures that ensure the organization is living up to its vision and meeting its strategic and operational goals.
- Develops and implements policies and strategies that further the mission and ensures that the organization has the financial resources necessary to meet the needs of the communities served.
- Co-manages with Program Assistant the social media and marketing efforts for the organization.
- Oversees all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Negotiates and manages the employee insurance and benefits plans.
- Processes and submits statutory and benefits remittances on time.
- Manages contracts with all third-party vendors and partners.
- Manages all information technology functions, including support vendors, equipment inventory, and service providers.
- Prepares monthly records for transfer to third-party bookkeeper.
- Coordinates with a third party accounting firm, bookkeeper, and Board treasurer to complete annual financial review and statements (BCO-10, 990 and Financial Statement) in accordance with local and national accounting regulations and requirements.
- Supports the development of annual organizational budget along with Artistic Director, Development Director, and Board of Directors.
- Assists Development Director in maintenance of donor database through Salesforce.
- Assists Development Director in creation and distribution of donor acknowledgements.
- Assists Development Director in implementing annual appeals to individual donors in order to meet budgeted goals.
- Serves as a voting member of Dreams of Hope’s Board of Directors.
- Attends all quarterly board meetings.
- Prepares financial reports for presentation at quarterly board meetings.
- Demonstrated experience with and commitment to antiracism.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, to analyze and solve complex problems, and to exercise sound judgment.
- A desire to continually learn and develop professionally while exhibiting respect for diverse viewpoints.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with diverse populations.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and public speaking.
- High degree of energy, creativity, and a strong sense of integrity.
- Strong team player.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel, and Salesforce.
- Pennsylvania Act 33/34 and FBI clearances are required.
- Valid PA driver’s license with a clean driving record.
Dreams of Hope is interested in non-traditional applicants. Even if you don’t meet all the elements of the job description, we encourage you to apply if you are excited about the organization and the work. Let us know which skills you would like to further develop.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: $15,000 (10 hours)-$30,000 (20 hours) depending on total weekly hours. 100% employer-covered health insurance. Comprehensive time-off package including staff holidays (according to PPS calendar), vacation and sick leave, plus two weeks of collective rest per year. Continuing education and professional development. Casual dress code.
Reports to: Artistic Director and Development Director
Works collaboratively with: Artistic Director, Development Director, and Program Assistant
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume or cv by email with the subject line "[APPLICANT'S FULL NAME] OPERATIONS MANAGER POSITION." Any attached files should have the applicant's full name in the file name.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
queer youth arts