- The Bookkeeper supports the mission of the church by ensuring the finances are in order, obligations are met, and the congregation is compliant with applicable financial policies and laws.
- Pittsburgh Mennonite Church is a community that emphasizes welcome and liberation in its values and living and does not discriminate by race, color, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military in any of its activities or operations.
- Primarily reports to: Treasurer; Secondarily reports to: Pastor and Congregational Chair
- Answer email within 48 hours
- Record financial transactions using Breeze and QuickBooks financial tracking software
- Track donor contributions
- Track all income
- Track expenses and allocate to appropriate budget lines
- Pay bills
- File invoices by month for reference
- Reconcile accounts each month and review with the treasurer
- Provide regular budget reports to commission chairs and the congregation in coordination with the treasurer
- Track purchases for reimbursement outside of budget (Sunday School books etc)
- Run payroll in coordination with our payroll service
- Process the annual State Workers Insurance Fund (workers compensation) audit
- At least one year’s experience with organizational bookkeeping
- Proficient with financial tracking software; able to learn Breeze software.
- Strong organization skills and diligent with ongoing tasks
- Strong communicator with quick turnaround time on email and other communication.
- Able to work with a small but diverse community of volunteers
- Values the church as a faith-based community of worship, relationships and action and is willing to work for the pursuit of its mission.
- Estimated 4 hours per week on-site at the church, with some variability in hours based on the work load Hours can be flexible according to applicant’s needs.
- Monthly meeting with church treasurer to reconcile the previous month
- Check-ins as needed with Pastor and Treasurer
- $20 per hour
Your application has been successfully submitted.