Project T Coordinator
Sisters PGH is looking for a Project T Program Coordinator to become a part of our work to end the homelessness crisis faced by our transgender and nonbinary communities of Pittsburgh/Allegheny County. The Program Coordinator would be responsible for providing direct service and individualized support to our program participants. You will primarily work with trans and gender-nonconforming people living in our transitional housing home, although you will also support the QTNB+ community at large. Preference will be given to candidates with the lived experience of our primary service demographic.
Project T is a transitional housing space for our QTBIPOC homeless communities to live in a single-family housing unit. Here they find respite in their time of need while also receiving supportive services to thrive in completing the Project T program.
Our care practice is rooted in harm reduction, mental health, human rights principles, economic and social justice, and a commitment to empowerment and pride in finding solutions for our community. This position is $35/hour, full-time, at 30 hours per week. Health Insurance benefits are not covered but instead reimbursed to cover a Health Insurance Plan.
- Minimum requirement of having a thorough knowledge of trans and gender-nonconforming identities and culture
- Minimum requirement of 3+ years experience of formal or informal direct service to any form of social justice work. Informal direct service includes unpaid work done within your own community.
- Preferred Peer Navigation Skills: high level of capacity in compassionate interpersonal engagement while maintaining professional boundaries, experience creating treatment plans and maintaining client records, commitment to client-centered care, confidence in decision-making, comfort with navigating stages of change
- Must have the ability to learn quickly in a new environment and implement complex problem-solving skills, with a high level of organization, attention to detail, and time management
- Must have strong verbal and nonverbal communication skills, including active listening, critical thinking, reading comprehension, and the ability to understand complex information and convey it clearly and effectively
- Must have extensive experience with and knowledge of QTBIPOC communities from various intersections, including sex workers, LGBTQ+ people, drug users, formerly incarcerated individuals, people living with HIV/AIDS, people with mental and physical disabilities, and immigrants.
- Must submit state and FBI background check (criminal records will be considered on a case-by-case basis)
- Must be able to pass child abuse clearances
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to consistent and reliable transportation
- Must be a resident of Pittsburgh/Allegheny County
- Conduct intake assessments and periodic evaluations
- Collaborate with clients to design and implement treatment and discharge plans
- Assist clients in adhering to treatment plans, such as setting appointments, arranging for transportation, helping with applications, engaging them in other programs at SisTers PGH, and making referrals as needed
- Coordinate with residents for resource distribution and financial management. Distribute living stipends as available on an ongoing basis.
- Provide or otherwise arrange coaching to support healthy habits and address issues that arise
- Supervise behaviors within Project T to ensure compliance with all relevant rules and policies
- Document and resolve grievances in accordance with SisTers PGH Policy, maintaining clear communication with the Executive Director and SisTers PGH leadership
- Attend monthly board meetings as requested, held the last Saturday of each month.
- Community Outreach
- Researching for Federal/Local Grant Opportunities pertaining to Project T
- Make sure clients are meeting with their respective networks (e.g. therapists, case managers)
- Additional duties as necessary and determined by the Executive Director
Please email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter explaining your interest and experience in this position. If selected, you will be contacted by the Executive Director with the next steps. Thank you for your interest.
Your application has been successfully submitted.