Sr. Manager, ULI Pittsburgh
About the Organization
ULI is a global research and education nonprofit organization whose mission is to shape the future of the built environment for transformative impact in communities worldwide. It is the oldest and largest network of cross disciplinary real estate and land use experts in the world with over 45,000 members globally.
About the District Councils and ULI Pittsburgh
ULI Americas implements its mission through 52 local district councils across the United States. The District Councils actively contribute to the culture and collaboration within the ULI community. ULI’s District Councils continuously work to provide leadership and networking opportunities, improve DEI initiatives, conduct educational forums, and build important relationships with members in the land use industry. ULI Pittsburgh has over 250 members across the greater Pittsburgh metropolitan area and is the preeminent local organization focused on creating and sustaining communities through wise land use, development, and redevelopment decisions. For more information, please visit https://pittsburgh.uli.org/.
About the Position
Reporting to the Vice President, District Councils, the Senior Manager provides strategic direction to ULI Pittsburgh and manages the day-to-day operations. In this position, the Senior Manager will work closely with member leaders and have an opportunity to facilitate and advance engaging content and programs.
The Senior Manager will be responsible for the following activities:
- Develop and implement a strategic program of work, budget, and staffing plan for the district council with clearly defined outcomes and methods to measure success.
- Support the Chair, Management, Governance, and all other leadership committees, building out the administration, leadership development, and succession for a robust leadership pipeline.
- Manage multiple volunteer committees to develop and meet goals and objectives for programs/community outreach, membership involvement, and sponsorship support.
- Coordinate small and large networking and educational programs and events.
- Implement the ULI mission at the district council level, including the ULI National focus on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the commercial real estate industry.
- Build funding relationships and strategic partnerships with existing sponsors and expand the sponsor network so that we can focus on impact initiatives. (Fundraising is an important part of the role and partnership with lead staff and member leaders.)
- Expand ULI’s Advisory Services opportunities by identifying technical assistance panel and Advisory Services panel opportunities and organizations to partner with.
- Continue to support and grow regional and local product councils.
- Oversee the district council’s communications, newsletter, social media, and reporting.
- Represent ULI Pittsburgh publicly, serving as a spokesperson and thought leader.
- Work with all committees to continue to help their participation.
- Work with member leaders to help build and grow the ULI Pittsburgh membership.
- Enhance ULI Pittsburgh’s reputation and identify ways to lead and contribute to the region’s dialogue on land use policies to have a greater impact on the region.
ULI Pittsburgh is looking for someone who is highly collaborative and resourceful, who can advance new ideas within the broader ULI structure. The Senior Manager should be able to work with diverse groups of stakeholders, ranging from members to public officials. Ideal candidates for this position will bring the following experiences and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience, ideally in a related field such as urban planning, public administration, or real estate development.
- Community-minded person with a strong commitment to the ULI mission.
- Adept at building relationships across a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strong project management, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely, with responsible follow-through.
- Prior success in cultivating and securing funding/sponsorships.
- Experience with budget management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing volunteers preferred.
- Preferably someone with leadership experience in a for-profit or nonprofit organization, ideally with a strong membership component, who brings executive presence.
- Real estate, planning, and land use experience is a plus.
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Ability to travel to at least four national ULI meetings per year.
- Local travel required for ULI Pittsburgh and other industry events, sometimes in the early morning or late evenings as needed.
ULI has a robust benefits package which includes health, dental, and life insurance, vacation and a retirement plan. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Expand HR Consulting (EHR) has been retained to conduct the search.
To apply, please submit your letter of interest and resume by following the application link.
ULI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran or active military status, alienage or citizenship status, arrest or conviction record, credit history, salary history, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, familial status, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual violence or any other status protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Where the Future is Built