Director, Constituent Services
The Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership is seeking a Director of Constituent Services who is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with Downtown community stakeholders, including businesses, residents, and property owners. The Director will oversee and manage the organization’s membership program and plan, and develop and implement programs and initiatives that engage the Downtown community to support the organization’s mission of advancing initiatives that foster economic vitality and improve Downtown life – for a moment or for a lifetime.
The Director will serve as the primary liaison to area businesses, promoting our services and programs, liaising with staff, board, and other members to make connections that support and strengthen the Downtown community. This position will be responsible for attracting, retaining, and engaging members for the organization and establishing ongoing relationships. The ideal candidate is an outgoing, energetic, results-oriented individual with strong interpersonal capabilities coupled with exceptional relationship management and project management skills alongside a commitment to city building and urban places.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivating and strengthening key contacts with respect to commercial tenants, retailers and residents in the district, establishing regular, ongoing communication with the PDP
- Engage stakeholders, track involvement, and develop programs, events and content that promote the work of the organization to our stakeholders.
- Develop and implement membership engagement opportunities (i.e. volunteer or social events) to attract, retain, and engage new and existing members
- Provide regular communications with membership base through direct contact, email blasts, and/or website/print, and ensure related social and website content is updated
- Support and develop content for the PDP’s business facing social media pages
- Develop and implement business support programs that engage new customers for Downtown restaurant and retailers, including events such as Small Business Saturday and other retail and restaurant specific promotional events
- Manage and ensure maintenance and update of internal database of property, business, and stakeholder contact information
- Business directory
- Website directory
- Membership directory
The ideal candidate for this position is a motivated self-starter that excels at customer relations. Experience in sales, marketing or public relations, a collaborative and team-oriented leadership style, and a creative and inquisitive mind are prerequisites for this opportunity. Success in this position will require a genuine desire to be part of a dynamic organization that is agile and quickly adapts to change. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. The PDP is a highly collaborative team environment with staff members that are sometimes required to work evenings and weekends to support strategic efforts and events of the organization. Working at the PDP provides a unique opportunity to be a part of a highly motivated team driven to implementing exciting events, projects, activations, and developments that make a difference in Pittsburgh.
Desired Characteristics & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required. Focus on Marketing/Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business, Public Administration, Urban Planning, Real Estate, Sales or related field a plus
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to build and nurture relationships are crucial to long-term success in this position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Adept with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of public, private, federal, state, and local information sources, and resourceful information gathering ability a plus
- Excellent project management skills, multi-tasking, follow-up and follow-through
- Ability to represent PDP at public speaking engagements and media related environments (as required), and develop any associated communications and presentation materials
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with diverse organizations and people, and a willingness to positively respond to changing priorities within a dynamic workplace
- Ability to develop or find solutions to a wide variety of projects in a timely and professional manner from initiation to completion or as required, mid-stream
- Ability to work under pressure with an enthusiastic approach to problem solving, goal achievement, and a commitment to excellence
- Demonstrated passion for Downtown Pittsburgh and to creating a place to work, live, and visit where all are welcome
Compensation & Benefits
The PDP offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Salary Range of $60,000 to $65,000, commensurate with experience. The PDP compensation includes health insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a Healthy Ride PGH membership.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements by January 31, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject titled: Director, Constituent Services
The Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Your application has been successfully submitted.