Registrar & Academic Office Manager
Shady Side Academy’s Senior School is seeking a full time Registrar & Academic Office Manager to begin immediately. Primarily responsible for managing academic records within Veracross, the Senior School’s Registrar:
- Accesses and sends individual student academic schedules and reports
- Manages and publishes academic records that include formal grading period reports and academic transcripts, including communicating with faculty
- Provides academic-related administrative support for faculty (class rosters, advisor reports, etc.)
- Builds student and faculty schedules in late spring and early summer
- Makes revisions to Senior School records during the school year; prior experience with student information systems is preferred
- Adjusts course requests with the assistance of the Dean of Studies for all students, new and returning
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Tracking, collecting and distributing all interim reports for students to parents
- Helps with Cum Laude ceremony, prize day and graduation logistics
- Fulfills and records all transcript requests
- Completes education verification for current and past students
- Assists the Senior School admissions team with newly enrolled students and families
- Complete physical and digital filing for newly graduated and newly accepted students
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Senior School or Dean of Studies
A Bachelor's Degree is Required. Ideal candidates will have:
- Two years prior experience working in Academic Office/school setting, prior experience with student information systems is preferred
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to maintain complete confidentiality
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Veracross, and/or other technology directly linked to teaching and working at the Academy
- Successful completion of state-required clearances
Classification and Compensation:
This is a full-time, year-round, exempt position. Salary is competitive with area independent schools and commensurate with experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits are part of the employment package. Lunch is included when school is in session. Funding exists to support continued advanced degree work, as well as participation in professional conferences, and workshops.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Shady Side Academy is a diverse community of students and adults who share different cultural values and perspectives. We embrace each other’s differences and backgrounds, and we know that this diversity adds to the richness and depth of our students’ overall learning experience. Faculty members work to ensure a safe and open environment where understanding is central to all, and students’ differences are celebrated as an integral part of the educational experience.
Shady Side Academy, as an educational institution and as an employer, does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or gender identity and expression in its programs and activities. Our campuses are tobacco-free. In accordance with Pennsylvania law, all Academy employees must submit thorough background clearances prior to beginning work on any campus. Please submit all applications through the employment page on the SSA website.
About Shady Side Academy:
Shady Side Academy is a nationally respected private school in Pittsburgh for boys and girls in grades pre-kindergarten through 12, with an optional boarding experience in high school. Four schools with extraordinary resources, teachers who actively mentor, a forward-thinking curriculum, a diverse and inclusive community, and a legacy of alumni accomplishments all inspire Shady Side students to high achievement in academics, the arts and athletics, and to meaningful ambitions in life. Visit the school’s website at www.shadysideacademy.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.