- Responsible for the proper stewardship of agency resources including development and oversight of the operational budget and maintenance of all agency resources
- Formulates annual budget for approval by the Board of Directors; approves expenditures, and monitors expenses and income to maintain operations within all budget categories
- Implements Board and Boys Hope Girls Hope policies for the affiliate, as well as practices for internal fiscal control and adherence to all accounting, record keeping, budget, audit, investment and reporting procedures and requirements
- Responsible for effectively working with the Board of Directors and Development Committee to:
- Develop and implement an income plan for necessary operational, capital, and endowment funds,
- Motivate volunteers to participate in all fundraising efforts,
- Utilize those volunteers for various campaigns and,
- Ensure effective communications between the Executive Director’s office and the volunteers
- With the Board of Directors and Development Committee, initiate, lead, organize, support and evaluate all capital, operational, and endowment fund-raising efforts including special events and all solicitations
- Responsible for affiliates compliance with regulations and standards for Federal 501(c)3 and state tax-exempt status and with state fundraising regulations
- Provide the Board with all materials and information necessary to carry out their governance, planning, and fundraising responsibilities, including the Boys Hope Girls Hope Policy Manual, Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, and Affiliation Agreement
- Facilitate regular and effective Board and Board Committee meetings by ensuring that meeting agenda, materials for discussion, and meeting location are set and communicated in timely fashion, and that accurate minutes are kept and distributed
- Ensure active committees meet regularly and work toward defined goals
- Maintain a strong relationship with Boys Hope Girls Hope Network Headquarters and adhere to network-wide requirements, standards, and best practices
- Supervise the Program Director, including regular performance evaluations, to ensure that the program is run in accordance with the Boys Hope Girls Hope program model and established policy and in compliance with local licensing standards and regulations.
- Collaborate closely with Boys Hope Girls Hope Network Headquarters on program enhancements for greater impact and efficiency
- Support the regular tracking, reporting, and evaluation of scholar outputs and outcomes.
Supervise the Director of Development in their primary role to include:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with a wide variety of constituents including major individual donors, Evening of Hope captains, volunteers, foundations, and corporations
- Planning all Evening of Hope events and signature event: managing event through full execution and follow-up, including managing planning meetings, soliciting participants and sponsors, setting up and breaking down event, auctions, etc.
- Oversee office functions including data management, receipt and acknowledgement of donors, supervision of printed materials.
- Research foundations to approach for grant proposals; write and submit proposals; comply with all reporting requirements.
- Maintain monthly solicitation/reporting calendar to assure proper follow-up on corporate and foundation gifts.
- Assist in development of marketing materials, including newsletters, brochures, presentations, and other materials required for general or specific fundraising programs.
- Maintain and update agency’s website
- Update and maintain all social media vehicles
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and communicating a consistent public image in print, digital and email communications and in social media channels
- Creates and implements marketing plans that generate enthusiasm for targeting donors, referral sources, and the general public including newsletters, brochures, website, news releases, and informational mailings
- Responsible for representing the program in person or by selecting appropriate volunteer or employee representative
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of all office and administrative functions
- Ensures that all team members (employees, volunteers and/or consultants) are properly screened, oriented, and supervised
- Ensures that the affiliate participates fully in the Boys Hope Girls Hope Performance Management Tool and process, including the tracking, monitoring, analysis, and planning for continuous quality improvement
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A bachelor's degree (required) or a master’s degree (preferred).
- Relevant experience, leadership skills, and fundraising expertise to work effectively with the Board of Trustees, BHGH Network leadership, team, network of donors, and scholars.
- Demonstrated track record of providing strategic direction, leadership, and daily management.
- Track record of successful solicitation and closure of major gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Visionary, strategic, and collaborative fundraising leadership with a track record of creating and implementing effective fundraising initiatives, resulting in significant annual, capital, and endowment revenue growth and improved operations.
- Evidence of driving fundraising efforts through cultivating key donor/foundation relationships and overseeing grant writing
- Collaborative, flexible leadership and team building style.
- Experience in successfully cultivating a strong cohesive team environment while ensuring a high level of performance
- Passion and integrity necessary to inspire and steward partnerships with Trustees, philanthropists, team members, and scholars.
- Strong personal work ethic, collaborative, and results oriented.
Your application has been successfully submitted.