Are you looking to join a growing organization and help make a difference in the life of a child?
Apraxia Kids is the leading nonprofit that strengthens the support systems in the lives of children with apraxia of speech by educating professionals and families; facilitating community engagement and outreach; and investing in the future through advocacy and research. We are seeking an Office Manager to join our team and work in our Pittsburgh Office.
The Office Manager is an experienced, reliable, and task-oriented professional. This position will report directly to the Executive Director and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties as needed. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has excellent written and communication skills, demonstrates accuracy and efficiency in office work and has strong administrative, organizational and customer service skills.
Day to Day Office duties include:
- Opens and processes mail along with managing outgoing mail.
- Prepares bank deposits
- Liaison between organization and accountant, ensuring bills are paid, invoices and receivables are tracked and collected, and all incoming and outgoing financials are coded appropriately
- Handles all aspects of contracting, invoicing, paying contractors, and maintaining files for clearances, conflicts of interest, and HIPAA compliance for any independent contractor across all programs
- Supports human resources processes: scheduling interviews, handling onboarding paperwork, act as liaison to the health insurance advisors and support off-boarding procedures to ensure company property is received, insurance issues are taken care of when an employee leaves the organization
- Maintains organization’s CRM
- Provides support to constituents for common technical issues
- Answers telephone calls and emails from constituents, directing them to relevant staff.
- Manages office, orders supplies and serves as point of contact for general office equipment and relationships with various vendors.
- Maintains and supports the background clearances process for all volunteers, including tracking of the timing for all renewals
Supporting the Board of Directors
- Schedules and coordinates meetings, both in-person and via conference call
- Preparation of meeting minutes
- Ensures all governance documents are updated and accessible to the Board
- Ensures clearances, conflict of interest, contact information and other documents related to the Board are kept up to date
Providing administrative support to the Executive Director to include but not limited to:
- Schedules meetings and calendar management
- Project management
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience as an Office Manager or Administrative Assistant reporting directly to senior management
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with Apraxia Kids -specific programs and software
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Position is required to work in our Pittsburgh Office, allowing for a hybrid work schedule.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff and external contacts to build and maintain successful relationships
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and analyze growth opportunities and expansion of services
- Ability to coach and mentor volunteers
- Ability to be resourceful and flexible
- Ability to break down boxes, bend, walk, push light/medium-weight carts, and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to communicate in person, in writing and electronically to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
- Ability to operate designated office equipment
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the jobholder. They will be required to follow any other duties as requested by their supervisor or manager. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of job duties. Essential job functions may change when necessary.
If you are interested in learning more about Apraxia Kids and how you can join our team, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the attention of Angela Grimm, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls Please.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Every Child Deserves a Voice