Director of Development, School of Dental Medicine
The University of Pittsburgh's Division of Philanthropic & Alumni Engagement (PAE) cultivates relationships with contributors, alumni, and other constituents on behalf of the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC, generating support for teaching, research, and care. As the hub for development and alumni relations efforts, PAE contributes to a bold, vibrant, and diverse academic community. Primarily, we focus on:
- Philanthropy to the University and UPMC which drives innovation and enhances opportunities for students, faculty, researchers, and clinicians
- Alumni relationships expressed across a community of 318,000 alumni spanning the globe
This purposeful, collaborative work-supported by your engagement and giving-ensures that Pitt and UPMC grow stronger each year, benefitting this community, our region, and the wider world.
PAE fosters an intentionally inclusive workforce through a diversity framework that commits to collaborating and expanding the culture, identity, and wholeness of every staff member in measurable and deliberate ways.
Flexible hybrid and/or remote work opportunities may be available for this position.
The University of Pittsburgh's Division of Philanthropic & Alumni Engagement (PAE) is seeking a Director of Development to join a progressive team within our School of Dental Medicine .
The Director of Development will:
- Develop and implement a School of Dental Medicine fundraising campaign and plan
- Be responsible for creating and executing strategies to generate major individual gifts ($50,000+)
- Work closely with the Dean and other leadership of the school and their designees. Supervision is under the Senior Director of Development, Health Sciences Schools.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 6-9 years fundraising experience
- Demonstrated ability in securing major gifts and pledges from individuals, along with planning and implementing long-and-short range development initiatives that will meet established priorities and goals
- Proven ability to develop a variety of fund-raising methods, plans, and strategies is a must to guarantee a successful outcome
- Highly developed, strong, and effective interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a wide and diverse range of constituencies are essential
- Sound judgment, a clear understanding of ethical standards related to development activities, and discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others are mandatory
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Integrity, adaptability, initiative, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork mindset
Equivalent combination of education and transferable / relatable experience will be considered per University guidelines A current TB test and drug screen will be required as a condition of employment as well as a Driver's License.
The University of Pittsburgh is committed to championing all aspects of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility within our community. This commitment is a fundamental value of the University and is crucial in helping us advance our mission, which includes attracting and retaining diverse workforces. We will continue to create and maintain an environment that allows individuals to discover, belong, contribute, and grow, while honoring the experiences, perspectives, and unique identities of all.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets.
The University of Pittsburgh requires all Pitt constituents (employees and students) on all campuses to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved exemption. Visit coronavirus.pitt.edu to learn more about this requirement.
Assignment Category Full-time regular
Job Classification Staff.Development.IV
Minimum Education Level Required Baccalaureate
Minimum Experience Level Required 6-9 years experience
Work Schedule Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Arrangement Hybrid: Combination of On-Campus and Remote work as determined by the department.
Hiring Range TBD Based Upon Qualifications
Relocation Offered No
Visa Sponsorship Provided No
Background Check For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Child Protection Clearances Not Applicable
Required Documents Resume, Cover Letter
Optional Documents Not Applicable
Your application has been successfully submitted.