Administrative Assistant to the Executive Office
This position will be on the frontline of the organization relative to greeting/referring/assisting visitors, answering phones, office supply management and opening/sorting and distributing mail received by the Foundation.
In this role, the administrative support assistant performs a wide variety of administrative functions supporting the Chief of Staff and Strategic Implementation and VP, Human Resources including scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, completing expense reports, organizing and maintaining information (i.e., knowing when/were Foundation sponsored events are occurring), coordinating calendars and providing general office support for the Executive Office team, and backing up the Special Assist to the CEO as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sort and distribute mail for the office.
- Maintain visitors list for parking and security.
- Handle parking validations.
- Prepare a monthly parking validation report for accounts payable.
- Schedule maintenance and/or repairs of kitchen appliances.
- Receive office packages and maintain log for FedEx, UPS and messenger services.
- Keep the second and third-floor kitchens maintained and stocked with supplies. This includes loading and starting dishwasher at the end of each day and emptying dishwasher the next morning.
- Keep inventory of supplies and restock as needed (identify, order and put away). This includes two workrooms, two kitchens, conference rooms and individual staff requests.
- Act as back-up building liaison for day-to-day maintenance requests (i.e., hanging pictures, requesting supplies for restrooms, lights out, etc.).
- Serve as point person for building safety team, including recruiting staff members to participate as fire marshals, coordinate (with property management personnel) fire and evacuation drills.
- Coordinate and maintain calendar for mail back-up coverage when out of the office.
- Provide basic support for the executive office team, which includes the chief of staff and vice president human of resources. This includes but is not limited to scheduling meetings, coordinating calendars and sending emails, assisting with presentations and correspondence.
- Assist with new hire orientation as needed.
- Assist with coordination and setting up for staff meetings/retreats. Including preparing meeting agenda.
- Provides administrative support to the HR department.
- Works with VP of HR to coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
- Works closely with special assistant to the CEO.
- Schedule maintenance and/or repairs of kitchen appliances.
- Serve as back-up to special assistant to the president.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Commitment to the Foundation’s values of accountability, collaboration, community, racial justice and trust.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail and mail.
- Excellent customer service approach, able to communicate in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner.
- Able to deal with, and adapt to, complexities related to varying agendas, priorities, personalities, etc.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside vendors.
- Sensitivity to confidential information and matters is required.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least five years executive administrative experience.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks for different staff members.
- Superior organizational skills and proven ability to successfully manage multiple deadlines, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Proactive, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently in a reliable manner, with minimal supervision.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Jan 31.
No phone calls please.
THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION.
Medical insurance • Dental insurance • Vision insurance • Group life insurance • Disability insurance • Maternity and paternity leave • Flexible spending accounts • Three weeks’ vacation • Ten paid holidays • Retirement plan with employer contribution • Commuter benefits • Gym reimbursement • Employee assistance program
ABOUT THE PITTSBURGH FOUNDATION OUR MISSION
The Pittsburgh Foundation, established in 1945, works to improve the quality of life in the Pittsburgh region by evaluating and addressing community issues, promoting responsible philanthropy and connecting donors to the critical needs of the community.
Since its founding in 1945, The Pittsburgh Foundation's values have been evident in the deep relationships its people have forged in the region. As new strategies are developed to improve quality of life for everyone, the staff has identified these values and pledged to follow them in the work.
- Accountability: We act with transparency and integrity, fulfilling our commitments and owning the outcomes of our decisions.
- Collaboration: We unite in our work together to increase impact in our community for the collective greater good.
- Community: We embrace the opportunity to learn from those we serve and those who serve us to help shape solutions.
- Racial Justice: We work to enact fundamental systemic changes by eliminating policies, laws, practices, attitudes and cultural messages that reinforce differential outcomes by race.
- Trust: We have faith in our communities and earn their confidence by demonstrating competency, honesty and positive intent.
Learn more at www.pittsburghfoundation.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Pittsburgh Foundation