Hours: Full Time - 40 hours per week
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Work Environment: Hybrid
About 412 Food Rescue:
Driven by the belief that good food belongs to people, not landfills, 412 Food Rescue launched in Pittsburgh, PA in 2015 to redirect healthy food from the waste stream to households and nonprofits that serve people experiencing food insecurity. In the United States, up to 40 percent of food produced is wasted while 1 in 5 people go hungry.
The only organization in the Greater Pittsburgh Region focused on food that would otherwise be discarded, 412 Food Rescue addresses both hunger and food waste by mobilizing volunteers to bring surplus food from retail locations to households and nonprofits serving people in need.
The growing team of 20,000+ volunteer drivers, mobilized by the Food Rescue Hero technology platform, has redirected more than 21.5 million pounds of food in the SW Pennsylvania region. Locally, the organization works with over 800 food retailers and 600 nonprofit partners. Nationally, Food Rescue Hero measurably impacts food insecurity in 15 North American cities, with 39,000+ volunteers receiving push notifications of available rescues. This network recovers surplus food from over 4800+ food retailers, partners with 2700+ nonprofits, and serves over 1 million people.
The Grants Manager will research, write, format, and submit compelling, high-quality grant proposals to local, regional and national foundations and corporations as well as government agencies, while applying knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach the organization's yearly operating revenue goals. The Grant Manager’s skills and expertise in successful grants management will support the organization in serving the public by securing funding for meaningful, mission-driven projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a pipeline of 70+ grantors and prospects, including a detailed plan for each prospect that includes action dates for meetings and other communications; LOI’s and proposals; and grant reports
- Responsible for meeting annual goals for foundation support
- Research and vet new institutional funding opportunities for 412 Food Rescue and Food Rescue Hero
- Work closely with 412 Food Rescue’s corporate engagement team, to identify corporate foundation opportunities among businesses that provide group volunteers
- Review past corporate foundation donors and assess for renewed support
- Write LOI’s and grant proposals; collect necessary data and supporting testimonials and/or photos; and work with internal project managers to establish timelines and budgets
- Collaborate with internal staff to vet funding opportunities
- In partnership with internal project managers, track progress and with active restricted grants to ensure budget adherence and compliance with grant agreement terms
- Write and submit grants reports in a timely manner
- Work with the Vice President of Development to set meetings with prospects, and establish and steward relationships
- Maintain the grant management system/calendar in the organization’s CRM, Bloomerang
- Work with gifts processor and finance department to ensure proper recording and acknowledgment of grants
- Support special projects other organizational functions as needed
Experience and Skills:
- Strong critical thinking skills, with the ability to analyze data, recognize trends, and drive strategic recommendations
- The candidate for this role should be ambitious, self-motivated and require minimal supervision in executing tasks
- High level of attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and process complex information and data
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent; advanced degree desired
- Minimum of 3 years experience in grants management
- Demonstrated experience in working in a small team
- Experience working with grants management databases
- Knowledge and application of best practices in grantmaking
- Proven abilities in analysis, database management, and data reporting
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of Google Suite (in particular, developing Word forms/templates, Adobe Acrobat forms, and manipulating data in Excel)
- Highly motivated self-starter, with ability to work successfully in a hybrid virtual and in-person team environment
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills, with attention to detail
- Superior customer service skills with a focus on gratitude
- A commitment to furthering the mission of 412 Food Rescue
- Excellent oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical information
- Ability to design and implement effective workflow processes and procedures
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and follow through to effectively manage work and meet multiple deadlines
- Possess excellent time management skills and being efficient while working in a fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment
Must have a valid PA driver’s license. Physical Demands: Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
To apply for this job, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls. We appreciate all application interests, however, due to the volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to all inquiries.
Your application has been successfully submitted.