Youth Transition Services Coordinator
Do you have a passion for giving back?
Do you like making a difference?
Do you like making someone smile?
If you answered “yes” to all the above questions, we would love to have a conversation with you.
Youth Transition Services Coordinator will facilitate, provide, and grow vocational related services to youth with disabilities in facility, school, and community settings. This person will be responsible for directing vocational experience through work-based learning experiences and job shadowing, to gain knowledge in self-advocacy/independent living/work place readiness through classroom lessons, and/or to attain and maintain competitive integrated community employment.
- Evaluate and interpret all information (referral information as well as information generated while in Life’sWork program). Observing clients’ behaviors to determine realistic potentials for occupational and educational adjustment and employability
- Individual counseling with regard to assignments given, progress and performance on work samples, appropriate vocational choice, changing attitudes and promoting self-confidence.
- Oversee all aspects of the youth program including Pre-Employment Transition Services, vocational training through facility-based experiences, and summer youth programs.
- Grow our current programs and develop new youth programming with support of other program staff.
- Collaborating with local school district to develop in house assessment programs.
- Provide classroom instruction to youth with disabilities in self-advocacy, independent living, and workplace readiness.
- Facilitate work-based learning and job shadowing experiences for youth with disabilities as outlined in the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation’s guidelines.
- Provide on-the-job training and assist employers in job re-design, accommodations, and/or accessibility and educate employers in methods of working with persons with disabilities.
- Maintain records and documentation as required by each funding source and Life’sWork’s own policies and procedures.
- Complete 24 hours per year of training including required specific trainings and certification.
- Uphold the privacy of individuals served by Life’sWork.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services field (Education, Mental Health, Social Work, Psychology, etc.).
- At least two (2) years’ experience working with youth with disabilities and/or employment services.
- PA Criminal Clearance, PA Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Clearances are also required within 30 days upon hiring. Paid by Life’sWork.
- Must have valid PA Driver’s License, adequate insurance, and be willing to travel. May have to work evenings or weekends, as necessary.
- ACRE certification – Life’sWork will pay for certification if you do not currently hold certification. This must be completed within 90 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- A team player with confidence to take the lead
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-organized with customer-oriented approach
- Good attention to detail and observation skills
- Proficient technical understanding and can pick up on new systems easily
- Working knowledge of computer systems to complete documentation
- Basic knowledge of a personal computer and Microsoft Word.
- Proven track record of building program census and relationships with community and partners.
- Ability to maintain professional and respectful relationships with program and departmental staff, individuals receiving services and all external persons and agencies involved with service provision.
- Health Coverage: (full-time only)
- Pays 100% of employee only coverage.
- Matches up to $700 towards your health savings account (H.S.A.)
- Other benefits; (100% paid by employee)
- Dental and vision
- Legal Shield / Identity Theft
- Paid Time Off (PTO):
- Beginning your second year, full-time employees will receive 20 days of PTO
- Beginning your second year, part-time employees may receive up to 10 days of PTO
- Holidays: (full-time)
- Offer 12 holidays per year
- Retirement Plan (403(b) Thrift Plan):
- Matches 100% up to 5% of employee’s contribution
- Mileage reimbursement:
- Follows the federal mileage rate.
- Flexible schedule
Life’sWork of Western PA is a non-profit organization empowering people to live the life they choose. We partner with people with disabilities, people with other barriers, young adults, children and families to pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills and developing meaningful relationships.
We believe everyone deserves to share in opportunities of meaningful employment. Through employment for all, we envision creating a compassionate, inclusive and equitable community where all individuals have a chance to flourish. A career at Life’sWork means a chance to promote life altering change in an individual's life.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
At Life’sWork of Western PA, we have a clear vision: to create a community where difference is valued. As an organization with a mission that is centered around lifting up some of the most vulnerable members of society, diversity and inclusion are more than just words to us. Here, everyone is welcome. We employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, age, sex, religion, color, national origin, language, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, handicap or disability, and other protected status’. As an employment organization that is continually evolving to provide the best possible services for our clients, we strive to be as diverse as the individuals that we serve. Life’sWork is fully focused on building and nurturing a workplace where inclusion is part of our everyday culture, not just an initiative; where all employees feel their individual gifts are celebrated and appreciated, and where they are encouraged to be who they are.
There is always more work to be done, and we believe that if the services that are provided by our organization are done through a diverse mix of talents, perspectives, and backgrounds, we can play a role in creating ongoing and lasting change.
COVID-19 Safety Operating Policy/Procedures
Life’sWork of Western PA is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employee, clients, and visitors. We adopted a COVID-19 Safety Operating Policy/Procedures that is working.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making Lives Work Better