Office & Membership Administrator
BikePGH seeks a highly organized and motivated professional to be our office and membership administrator. This position is a mix of behind the scenes support of leadership staff, generating reports, assisting the bookkeeper, and interacting with the general public through reception duties and working alongside staff at community events. The ideal candidate will have experience with administrative support, light bookkeeping, comfort with data entry & exporting, and a passion for the mission of BikePGH.
BikePGH is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in how we shape our strategic goals and organizational work and who we employ on our staff and the volunteers on our board of directors. In recruiting for our organization, we welcome the life experiences that are shaped in part by race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, education, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, age, languages spoken, or veteran’s status.
Title: Office and Membership Administrator
Position: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Target Start: April 2023
Reports to: Director of Operations
Mission: BikePGH is transforming our streets to make biking and walking commonplace for all Pittsburghers in order to improve our quality of life and reduce the harmful effects of car dependence in our communities.
Salary: $40,000-$44,000 annually, depending on experience
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance through UPMC;
- 20 days of paid time off annually – combined sick and vacation time;
- 13 paid observed office holidays per calendar year;
- 401(k) benefits with a 3% employer match after six months;
- Employee paid supplemental short-term/long-term disability insurance through Aflac;
- $15/month cell phone reimbursement.
Organizational Culture & Working Conditions:
- Work is mostly performed in an open office setting, but employees are able to work remotely;
- Our office is located in Lawrenceville and shared by a staff of 12; close to major bus lines with indoor and covered outdoor bike parking on-site;
- Professional but relaxed office atmosphere where employees are encouraged to be their authentic selves;
- No corporate dress code requirements;
- On average 40 hours per week;
- Working hours are often M-F 9-5 though working hours can be adjusted;
- Travel within the community and to events will be required;
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required;
- Ample opportunities for professional development and skill-building;
- Exchange time off for weekend hours or hours worked beyond 40 in a workweek is available to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
Essential Functions and Duties:
Administrative & Office Organization
- General reception duties;
- Route and return inquiries from phone, email, and mail;
- Research, typing, correspondence, faxes, and filing;
- Monitor inventory of and order office supplies;
- Serve as the primary contact for organization vendor/supplier relationships, including supplies, utilities, etc;
- Maintain online and offline filing systems and train staff on use;
- Support the Executive Director with the quarterly board of directors meetings;
- Responsible for all facility needs and serve as the liaison with the landlord;
- Assist Executive Director with scheduling, travel planning, grant tracking, and filing;
- Takes minutes at staff meetings;
- Perform other tasks to support the Operations Director and Executive Director.
- Follow the process for inputting membership, donor, and volunteer contact information into Every Action;
- Perform routine information edits to keep the CRM database up-to-date;
- Prepare acknowledgment letters for new members and donors;
- Prepare mailing lists, labels, and donor reports for newsletters, special events, and as otherwise required;
- Monitor inventory of merchandise and keep up-to-date records.
- Provide the bookkeeper with weekly invoices, reimbursement, and revenue reports;
- Facilitate reporting from online payment processing software;
- Prepare employee reimbursement reports;
- Facilitate weekly bank deposit and check printing and mailing;
- Produce invoice request information for the bookkeeper and submit invoices to be paid by the organization.
- Passion for the mission of BikePGH;
- Proficient with Google Suite & Microsoft Office applications, notably Excel and Word;
- Experience with database management programs such as Every Action or Salesforce;
- Organized and detail-oriented;
- Excellent time management skills – i.e., the ability to prioritize overlapping deliverables;
- Some bookkeeping experience is a plus;
- Resourceful self-starter;
- Collaborative and a natural team player;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working in a collaborative open office environment.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Be able to listen, synthesize, and type well for the purpose of note taking;
- Be able to put hospitality first when dealing with the public;
- Be able to communicate and write clearly and effectively;
- Varied activities include sitting, reaching, bending, lifting up to 40 lbs, pushing/pulling, walking, or assisted walking via a wheelchair or mobility device.
How to Apply:
Write and submit a compelling cover letter and resume. Be sure to mention where you saw the opening advertised.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through and considered until the position is filled. The ideal candidate would start employment by April 2023.
By email: Please send application materials to email@example.com with “Office and Membership Administrator” in the subject line.
By mail: Please enclose your resume and cover letter in a sealed envelope and mail to:
188 43rd Street, #1
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
Your application has been successfully submitted.
BikePGH is transforming our streets to make biking and walking commonplace for all Pittsburghers in order to improve our quality of life and reduce th...