External Relations Assistant
This growing nonprofit cultural institution seeks an enthusiastic and energetic External Relations Assistant to further its mission.
The External Relations Assistant maintains the quality of membership and donor records. Performs the data entry tasks of gift entry, acknowledgement, and donor record updates as well as all aspects of membership fulfillment. Ensures the data inputs are accurate in the Garden’s constituent database in a timely manner. Generates reports and queries as requested by other members of the External Relations Department. Reports to the Membership Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the Pittsburgh Botanic Garden donor and membership records in the organization’s database (Altru)
- Maintain accurate constituent records; update addresses and constituent information; enter new records; assist with constituent segmentation
- Process and fulfill all memberships, including printing and mailing of membership cards
- Process and acknowledge all donations and pledges within a timely manner
- Support other departments which use the membership and donor modules of the database
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Highly developed understanding of database systems; Altru or Blackbaud experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Clearance of background security checks
- Primarily office work conditions with occasional outdoor work at events
- Typically, this is a 40-hour workweek position, however flexible hours are required for Garden related functions
Email submissions only. Please send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and two professional references. Please do not include information in email text but include important information for consideration in cover letter content. Do not make multiple submissions. No phone calls please.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Pittsburgh Botanic Garden provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, Pittsburgh Botanic Garden complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.