Manager of Participant Learning and Employer Engagement
Pennsylvania Women Work (PA Women Work) is a statewide 501(c)3 nonprofit workforce development organization headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. Pennsylvania Women Work is dedicated to empowering women to advance in their careers and achieve self-sufficiency through life-changing career development programs and mentorship. Whether it’s a single mom struggling to provide for her family; a woman re-entering the workforce after 20 years; an immigrant adjusting to a new life; or someone faced with a challenging career transition, PA Women Work empowers job seekers with job search and interview skills, opportunities to build their confidence, and help setting and achieving both professional and personal goals. PA Women Work helps individuals find lasting employment that pays a family-sustaining wage through unique and life-changing programs.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Programs, the ideal candidate for Manager of Participant Learning and Employer Engagement will be a creative self-starter who can balance a welcoming and supportive approach while holding participants accountable to their personal and professional goals. They will be an impact driven, relationship-builder who is adept at working with employers and volunteer mentors, and able to successfully navigate within diverse constituencies.
The Manager of Participant Learning and Employer Engagement will work with a team of career coaches that focus on 1-1 coaching for participants and small group facilitation and training. They will facilitate workforce and personal development topics in both a virtual and in-person setting, and must be comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. In addition, this individual’s unique focus will be to build and maintain relationships with employers and volunteer mentors to maximize participant support and job placement connections throughout the region.
- Develop individual career and development plans for participants and coach them toward career and educational goals
- Review and enhance participant resumes and other professional documents
- Regularly lead training and facilitation of small group classes both virtually and in-person
- Steward, manage and leverage relationships with employers in order to successfully guide participants to appropriate positions, build a trainer pool, and support new employer-specific programming
- Prioritize and grow a direct pipeline between PA Women Work and regional employers
- Work with team to ensure that our programs and graduates have skills to meet the needs of local employers
- Maintain knowledge of wraparound service providers in order to best support participant needs
- Represent and build awareness of Pennsylvania Women Work in the community through presentations and trainings
- Maintain program and participant records and implement evaluation tools and processes
- At least 5 years’ experience in adult education and training, job readiness, and/or career coaching
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or related field
- Experience with case management or professional coaching
- Strong training and facilitation skills, with knowledge of approaches and methods in adult learning
- Excellent program management and organizational skills
- Successful track record of volunteer management and/or employment placement
- Able to creatively use technology in a learning environment
- Easily builds rapport and relationships
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Experience working collaboratively with staff and other organizations to achieve goals
- Background or certificate in trauma-informed care a plus
- Tech savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Zoom
- Exercise honesty, enthusiasm, a sense of humor, cultural competence and commitment to equity
- Occasional regional travel as well as evening and weekend work as needed
- Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal History Clearance, FBI Clearance and current drivers’ license required for employment
We are looking for individuals who have a deep passion and drive to help all women address barriers to employment!
Salary & Benefits
- Salary Range $45-50K depending on experience
- Generous benefits package that includes work from home/flexible work environment.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Pennsylvania Women Work, an EEO employer, values a diverse, respectful, collaborative, and passion- driven work environment. PA Women Work seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent our diverse community in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability. We are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds in order to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all. We believe that combining these values with hard work, high quality standards, and mission-driven leadership will help us achieve economic self-sufficiency, workplace equality, and a voice in policy for those we serve.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Transforming women's lives through empowerment, employment and economic independence.