Driven by the Lawrenceville community, the Lawrenceville Corporation (LC) acts as a catalyst and conduit for responsible and sustainable growth. Our work encompasses a variety of programming, including: creating and implementing community plans; supporting and promoting local businesses, entrepreneurs, and artists; advancing infrastructure and mobility improvements; and, developing and managing affordable housing and commercial space.
LC seeks a highly organized, self-starting, passionate, and capable Operations Manager to oversee organizational operations, property management, financial management, and other projects as necessary.
The Operations Manager of the Lawrenceville Corporation (LC) is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the organization, including general management, human resources, office management and administration, accounting & bookkeeping, and managing two mission-based real estate holdings, as well as other related duties as assigned. The Operations Manager reports to the Executive Director. The Operations Manager performs duties and responsibilities that may include the following tasks:
- Monitors and ensures compliance with all governmental and funder requirements for nonprofits.
- Manages contracts with public agencies and private foundations; submits grant requisitions for payment; manages fundraising calendar for submission and report deadlines; prepares regular reports; maintains grant contracts and files.
- Oversees insurance policies & renewals, including general liability, property, workers’ comp, directors & officers, etc.
- Serves as property manager for Ice House Artist Studios & Blackbird Artist Studios, including:
- Serving as the primary contact for building tenants
- Preparing and managing the annual budget
- Overseeing leases, and recruiting new tenants as needed
- Scheduling and overseeing ongoing maintenance and repairs
- Supervising maintenance and custodial service providers
- On-site event coordination for occasional events at Ice House
- Develop, manage. and update business and capital improvement plans for Ice House
- Reviews, updates, and manages organizational policies, including: Personnel, Financial, Conflict of Interest, and other organizational policies.
- Maintains personnel files and current job descriptions.
- Maintains personnel policies manual and coordinates periodic review and updates.
- Works with Executive Director to recruit, hire, and orient new staff.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll and reconciles quarterly payroll reports.
- Administers employee benefits including paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, retirement plan, and workers’ compensation.
Office Management & Administration:
- Handles purchasing and leasing of office equipment, hardware, software, and supplies.
- Works with vendors to schedule work, negotiate rates and contracts, and contain costs.
- Develops streamlined office systems and troubleshoots IT issues.
- Oversees development and maintenance of internal information sharing system and record-keeping structure and filing systems.
- Provides bookkeeping support to the Executive Director and Finance Manager, including:
- Accounts payable: processing invoices and acquiring corporate signatures for bill paying
- Accounts receivable: processing payments and making bank deposits.
- General ledger data entry and maintenance.
- Maintains financial policies and procedures manual and coordinates periodic review and updates.
- Assists the Finance Manager in organizing information for the annual audit.
- Executes fiscal agency agreements with and performs bookkeeping services for custodial events.
- Maintains accounting records and files.
- Fields general organizational inquiries via phone, email, and visitors.
- Provides scheduling support to the Executive Director.
- Attends required committee and board meetings; assists with preparing agendas and report and taking minutes.
- Provides general staff support and performs other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Attends community meetings and events in evenings and on weekends occasionally and when necessary.
Experience & Abilities
- Three or more years of experience in nonprofit operations, administration, and finance.
- Previous experience in property management preferred.
- Previous experience in community development field preferred.
- Positive and professional attitude; strong work ethic.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small, non-profit environment.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, and Google Apps for Business.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change and to work independently in remote settings. LC is operating on a hybrid work schedule, with one to two days in the office and three days at home.
- Alignment with LC’s mission, vision, and organizational values.
- Available for occasional evening and weekend events or meetings.
Salary & Benefits
The position is full-time, exempt, and reports to the Executive Director. Salary range: $50,000 to $58,000. The LC offers a generous benefits package including tax-free contribution toward health insurance, retirement plan with employer match, and generous paid time off. LC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Lawrenceville Corporation at email@example.com with “Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Your application has been successfully submitted.