The Trade Institute of Pittsburgh (TIP) is a 501(c)(3) whose mission is to empower men and women with significant barriers to employment through lifelong skill building and job opportunities. TIP’s vision is a world where every person has an opportunity to find their Next.
This is an exciting time of growth at TIP and a unique opportunity to develop our alumni engagement program. We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, flexible, and mission-oriented candidate to join us as we continue to grow and evolve.
The Job Developer provides job readiness training, manages and develops new employer partners, cultivates relationships with community partners, and successfully place graduates to employment at a livable wage. The Job Developer works closely with the Life Coach to provide social service support to students and alumni and will report directly to the Director of Students Services.
2. Essential Duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all duties outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner:
- Evaluates program candidates during intake interviews and trial week
- Assists participants in applying for and obtaining social service support
- Successfully places participants into jobs and provides ongoing retention services and supports to both participant and employer
- Facilitates Job Readiness curriculum
- Participates in job fairs and presentations for community partners
- Assists with follow up services by way of phone calls, text messages, and in-person visits
- Provides weekly update to supervisor
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to meet the minimum requirements of this position.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in social work or other related fields.
- Required: None.
- Preferred: None.
- Required: At least five (3) years in human services.
- Preferred: None.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Computer proficiency is required
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of the construction industry
- Ability to deliver curriculum material to participants
4. Measures of Performance
The Job Developer shall be deemed to be performing in an acceptable manner when the following have been accomplished:
- Percentage of graduates placed in livable wage jobs
- Total number of employed graduates
- Amount of Alumni services provided to graduates
- Funds raised via Premiere Employer Partnership Program
5. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Body Positions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Body Movements: The employee must have a full range of body movements including use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, computer equipment and peripherals; and bending, reaching, and crouching.
- Body Senses: Must have command of all five senses: sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Strength: Must have the ability to lift 25 pounds occasionally.
6. Working Environment
This position will be working primarily but not limited to indoor climate controlled, smoke free environment. The noise level in the work environment varies from low to high.
The Job Developer receives authority from the Director of Student Services when necessary to accomplish established objectives. Such authority includes:
- Authority to represent the organization to community partners, employer partners and potential participants.
- Authority to enforce all applicable organization expectations.
8. Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: $45k - $52k
Excellent benefit package including paid vacation, sick and holidays as well as health, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401(k) plan
All qualified individuals wishing to be considered for this position must submit a resume, a cover letter, and three reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information about the Trade Institute of Pittsburgh can be found on our website at www.tipgh.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A world where every person has an opportunity to find their next