JOIN THE PARTY! Beverly’s Birthdays is looking for party facilitators to assist with leading the group birthday celebrations we host throughout the Pittsburgh region. We are offering two staffing options for this role and will accept applications from candidates who are interested in either or both.
Casual Role: This role requires a minimum commitment of 4 parties per month (approximately 8 hours total), which is working an average of 1 party per week. Note: If hired, you can choose to select more parties, you just have to meet the minimum requirement.
- Compensation: $50 per party (parties are usually two hours in duration)
- Hiring Timeline: Immediately
- Schedule: Parties are typically held M-TH evenings throughout the Pittsburgh area (availability should be between 3-8 p.m.) There are some occasional Friday evening parties and daytime parties (late morning). Candidates can select their availability but must be able to at least work 4 parties per month (an average of 1 per week).
Part-Time Role: This role requires the candidate to report to our headquarters at 11065 Parker Drive North Huntingdon, PA 15642 prior to all weekday parties and assist at the office with party preparation (15-20 Hours Per Week), drive/ride in the Birthday Boutique to the party, and then come back to the office and unload party materials. Typical report time is between 2:30 and 3:00 p.m. and end time can vary between 6:30-8:00 p.m. Parties are typically held M-TH evenings though the Pittsburgh region. There are occasional Friday evening celebrations.
- Compensation: $25 per hour
- Hiring Timeline: Immediately
- Schedule: Candidate must be able to report to our facility at least 2-3 days per week and be able to assist with pre-party preparation, drive/ride in the Birthday Boutique to the party, and then come back to the office and unload party materials.
Required qualifications for both roles:
- A passion for working with at-risk populations and a commitment to Beverly’s Birthdays mission
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- A love for working with children and youth
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Relevant experience facilitating/leading groups of children/youth in activities, games, events, etc.
- Gets jazzed about birthdays, cupcakes, and celebrations
- Demonstrated ability to establish clear objectives, monitor progress and achieve programming goals
- High energy level, strong sense of initiative, enthusiasm, diplomacy, professionalism, transparency, accountability, flexibility and discretion.
- An outgoing personality
- Must THRIVE in birthday cheer chaos
- Reliable transportation
- Clearances (PA State Police, FBI Fingerprint, PA Child Abuse)
- Comfortable and willing to drive a large vehicle (box truck, U-haul) if the situation presents itself. (A requirement for the Part-Time Role.) Note: This DOES NOT require a CDL license. You must have a valid driver's license.
Education: Best suited for someone pursuing/has a degree in social work, education, nonprofit management, etc. or experience working with youth/youth activities.
Essential Duties: In partnership with Programming Leadership
- Facilitate group birthday celebrations, which are held at shelters, group homes, residential treatment facilities, etc.
- Interact with children/parents/agency staff/volunteers
- Support The Birthday Boutique, our mobile fashion truck, shopping experience at parties
- Represent the brand in a positive, genuine, meaningful way at all-times
- Attend a monthly virtual meeting to discuss party theme/activities
If the candidate is interested in the Part-Time role (not the casual position), he/she will also:
- Report to office and assist with party preparation
- Drive or ride in the Beverly's Birthday truck
- Unload party materials
Office Location: 11065 Parker Drive, North Huntingdon, PA 15642.
Party Locations: Throughout the Pittsburgh region
See February party schedule for reference on our parties: Beverly's Birthdays: February 2023 Parties (signupgenius.com)
If you have any questions, please contact 724-590-5106. This position does require physical labor as it involves lifting and sorting product/supplies.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spread Cheer 365 Days a Year