Development and Communication Coordinator
The Development and Communication Coordinator is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all of Catapult’s fundraising activities, including the major gifts program, annual fund implementation, corporate sponsorship, special events, and capital campaigns. The Development and Communication Coordinator will also oversee all marketing and communication efforts on behalf of Catapult to raise awareness and build community support.
- Cultivate and steward potential and current corporate and individual donors
- Develop and implement strategies and monitor progress toward short-term and long-term fundraising strategy and goals and to meet strategic growth plans.
- Oversee the calendar and the planning, writing, and reviewing of grants.
- Manage and administer the SalesForce database and effectively utilize data for tracking and reporting.
- Responsible for working with the fundraising committee that will help carry out all of the responsibilities and duties listed in the development plan
- Create a Moves Management system to include donor stewardship, communications, and acknowledgements.
- Manage expense budgets for all fundraising efforts.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and consultant on future strategic growth planning and execution.
Communications and PR/Marketing:
- Coordinate all media relations and public relations efforts and opportunities to promote the organization's programs.
- Serve as a public representative of the organization, including cultivating relationships with community members, prospective volunteers and supporters in order to build awareness of and commitment to Catapult’s work.
- Produce materials that support both community awareness and fund development, including maintaining the organizations website and the monthly newsletter.
- Create online giving platforms and run social media campaigns.
- Design, create and distributes Annual Appeal pieces and the Annual Report
- Supervise marketing and communications consultants.
- Manage expense budgets for all public relations and communication efforts
At Catapult Greater Pittsburgh all members of our team possess the following attributes:
- Aptitude to be culturally sensitive to the challenges and opportunities of the Pittsburgh Black community.
- Actively reinforce organizational culture, agreements, and embody the Catapult Values.
- Actively reinforce, enhance, and promote racial and economic justice primarily within the Black community.
- Demonstrated willingness to immerse in the social and economic justice culture and have a constant pursuit of knowledge of the Black community and the plight of racial injustice.
- Ability to adhere to all policies, laws, regulations, and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws and agency policies and procedures.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Experience in fundraising, public relations/marketing, and communications
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, including major gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Experience in donor cultivation, successful grant writing, contracts management and special events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SalesForce, and Google Suite.
- Knowledge of and connections to the funding community and centers of influence in the Pittsburgh region.
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes and a results-oriented culture.
- Strong interpersonal, supervision, administration, management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Demonstrated interest in working with diverse groups of people.
- Sound judgement, professionalism, and a positive attitude.
- Resourcefulness, creativity, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Due to our client population, the candidate must be able to successfully obtain the Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and Fingerprint Based FBI Clearance.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Just as we do with our community, Catapult Greater Pittsburgh wants our employees to thrive as well. We offer competitive base salary based upon the market and experience. The annual salary range for this role is between $55,000-$65,000. We also offer very meaningful benefits. Specifically, our package includes a generous paid time-off program, paid health, dental, and vision insurance and an IRA plan with a possible employer match.
YOUR NEXT STEPS
Please visit our website (https://catapultpittsburgh.org) to learn about the organization and read our stories. If this sounds like an exciting career opportunity, your experience is a fit, and you have a passion for our mission and vision, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Catapult Greater Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for everyone on our team. We encourage those with diverse background and relevant experience to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Catapult Greater Pittsburgh
Dedicated to economic justice.