Job Posting: Retreat Staff x 3
Location: Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reports to: Programs Coordinator
Cave Canem Foundation, Inc., founded in 1996, is one of the most important organizations for U.S. literary arts and letters, and offers the premier space for the cultivation of Black poetry. We seek Retreat Staff who will support the organization’s flagship program and, in conjunction with the Programs Coordinator, and other staff, deliver a safe and compelling summer retreat. Retreat Staff report to the Programs Coordinator and are responsible for assisting in the delivery of a weeklong writing retreat.
- 18+, with a valid driver’s license;
- Event production experience;
- Passion for literary arts, culture, and serving communities of color;
- Effective communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- And investment in the creation of a positive experience for participants at the Retreat.
- Facility inspection and housekeeping;
- Moving inventory;
- Participant registration;
- Maintaining office hours;
- Facility set-up/break-down;
- Shopping and other driving-required errands;
- Liaising with Fellows and campus staff;
- Enforcing Retreat and conference regulations;
- And troubleshooting (especially in cases of emergency).
To apply, please send a cover letter highlighting relevant experience, resume, the names and contact information of two references as a single PDF document by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: “Retreat Staff (your name).”
Applications will be accepted until April 6, 2023. Though we will not be able to contact all applicants, we hope to invite candidates for interviews by April 10, 2023.
Cave Canem Foundation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cave Canem Foundation, Inc. is committed to building a culturally diverse community, and strongly encourages applications from BIPOC candidates.
Your application has been successfully submitted.