Age-Friendly Greater Pittsburgh is dedicated to making our region more inclusive and respectful of all ages. Our mission is to bring generations together to reimagine how our neighborhoods are built and to advance equity through advocacy, education and innovation. A region that’s more accessible and welcoming is better for older people—and better for everyone.
We are looking for a Communications Coordinator to be our megaphone and thought partner as we change the narrative about growing older. This will start as a contracted service (which may be brought in-house at a future time), and will be remote with some in-person events required.
- Collaborate with the team to develop clear, compelling content for website, email, print and social media
- Grow engagement among a coalition of 120+ partner organizations, as well as elected officials and residents of all ages
- Share stories from our Age-Friendly Neighborhoods—Clairton, Coraopolis and the Hill District—amplifying the voices of older residents in creative ways
- Build relationships with the media, and handle press releases and press lists
- Support our work groups (Transportation, Housing, Dementia-Friendly, Digital Access, Workforce) by synthesizing data and priorities into advocacy tip sheets
- Strengthen messaging about our collaborative structure with three supporting partners: Southwestern Pennsylvania Partnership for Aging, Chatham University and University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work
- Improve existing mailing lists and develop recurring newsletters
- Assist with grant writing, reporting and proposal development related to communications
- Coordinate with outside vendors (photographers, videographers, graphic designers, print shops)
- Monitor trends in aging, livable communities, intergenerational solidarity, equitable community development and more, adding our voice to local, national and international conversations
- Track progress and use metrics to personalize communications and drive decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive nature with ability to thrive working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent digital skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, social media, virtual meeting platforms and email marketing software
- Commitment to building relationships with partners from diverse personal and professional backgrounds
- Genuine interest in working on issues facing older adults and bridging gaps between generations
Exceptional Candidates or Firms Will Have:
- Educational or work experience in communication, media, aging, gerontology, social work, public health, urban planning or a related field
- Photography, videography, video editing, website design or graphic design expertise
- Fluency in content management systems like SquareSpace
- Familiarity with business/government/nonprofit sectors in Allegheny County and the City of Pittsburgh
Schedule and Payment: $30/hour contract for six months with the potential to be extended. Contract is limited to 940 hours, with no more than 40 hours in any given week.
Please email resume, cover letter and two brief (approximately 500 words) writing samples/links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Age-Friendly Greater Pittsburgh
Making Allegheny County a better place to grow old