Information Technology Deskside Support Analyst
At Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our organization grows and succeeds when all members of the community, where we live and serve, have a seat at the table to help us ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat. We invite candidates from all diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, etc., to join our team.
Provide deskside support and infrastructure services to the employees and skilled volunteers of the Food Bank. This resource will assist in setting up workstations for new employees. They will work with employees and skilled volunteers to ensure their PC’s have the latest supported updates. This role will support shared workstations, conference room PCs and Audio/Visual equipment. In addition, they will assist with network and server configuration changes, and infrastructure tasks such as Active Directory/Azure Active Directory updates. The resource will provide deskside support to resources, in coordination with our Managed Service Provider (MSP) and per the direction of the IT infrastructure supervisor.
Help Desk and End User Computing:
- Maintain a positive Customer Experience for Food Bank staff while they work with IT to resolve issues and incidents.
- Field and triage incoming help requests from end users via email, telephone and chat in a courteous and timely manner.
- Work with the Managed Service Provider (MSP) to triage issues and incidents and as appropriate, perform on-hand fixes (local and remote) at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Assist in maintaining and where appropriate, setting up office systems, such as phone, printers, scanners, website, and office equipment.
- Infrastructure and Administration
- Check IT inventory in and out according to defined rules, ensure inventory is returned on a timely basis, keep inventory secured and in good order in the technology room.
- Maintain computer equipment located in conference and meeting rooms, regularly checking the functionality of keyboards, monitors, etc. to ensure they are in good operating order, identify computers in need of repair.
- As directed by the IT infrastructure supervisor, work to maintain Food Bank infrastructure capabilities including our network, storage, and compute capabilities, both on-premise and in the cloud.
- As directed by the IT infrastructure supervisor, keep IT asset and device management tools (such as SNIPE IT and InTune) up-to-date with newly provisioned assets and software.
- Work with the IT infrastructure supervisor to maintain and improve organization and operational efficiency within our IT Work Room, Server Room, and IDFs (networking closets).
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with relevant Information Technology experience.
- Reliable transportation to and from the Food Bank.
- Ability to lift and carry computer components when setting up workspaces.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize workload and meet goals.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills resulting in positive outcomes.
- Experience in the Microsoft Office 365 Productivity Suite.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check. Act 33 and 34 clearances
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Your application has been successfully submitted.