Refugee Services Supervisor
Working from our Pittsburgh, PA office, the Refugee Services Supervisor will manage Hello Neighbor’s refugee resettlement programs and oversee staff supporting recently resettled refugees, asylees, SIVs and Afghan humanitarian parolees through their first 90-days and beyond.
The Refugee Services Supervisor will primarily be responsible for providing successful development, operations and management of the Reception and Placement program plus support administering federal grants and services that Hello Neighbor provides to new neighbors. They will also be responsible for maintaining a high level of delivery that assists clients from their first day through the time they complete the 90-day initial resettlement period and up until 5 years after their arrival in the United States.
Founded in 2017, Hello Neighbor works to improve the lives of recently resettled refugee families by matching them with dedicated neighbors to guide and support them in their new lives. We’ve expanded from our mentorship program to now include refugee resettlement services, family service programs, a national program supporting other refugee and immigrant nonprofits around the country.
This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer. We are currently on a hybrid return-to-work and in the office on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees.
Report To: Director of Refugee Resettlement
Direct Reports: Reception and Placement Case Managers, Case Aides, Housing and Logistics Coordinator, Americorps, Interns and various volunteers
- Assist in the hiring and training of direct service and support staff
- Provide direct supervision of direct service and support staff through individual meetings and creation of weekly work plans, team meetings, supervision and annual performance reviews
- Ensure program compliance as required by USCRI and federal grant requirements
- Ensure agency policies and procedures are enforced through completion of staff evaluations, timesheets, reimbursement oversight and other agency approval procedures
- Review client records and reports to ensure high quality of service delivery
- Request, manage, and distribute direct assistance to clients
- Gather required documentation and data for client case files to lead case closeout procedures
- Assist staff in recruitment, development, nurturing and maintaining relationships with landlords
- Lead Community Sponsorship program and support teams
- Provide, when needed, case coverage for refugee services
- Attend and participate in Quarterly Consultation and other area Refugee Services community meetings plus collaboratives and community meetings
- Assist development and finance staff in program evaluation, program design and programs strategy to support fundraising for the Resettlement program
- Liaise with Hello Neighbor’s Family Services and Case Management teams to ensure coordination of care and multi-disciplinary approaches are used to address client barriers
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ level degree in Business, Nonprofit Management, Social Services, or similar degrees
- At least four years of of related and/or applicable work experience and a demonstrated ability to effectively work with refugee and immigrant communities
- Experience managing others and management expertise
- Experience with managing and leading budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated secondary trauma and crisis intervention skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise a high level of confidentiality
- Previous multicultural experience and demonstrated ability to communicate well with people of varied backgrounds strongly preferred
- A team player
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Living migration experience and fluency in other languages a plus
- This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer. We are on a hybrid schedule that is remote 2 days a week and in the office 3 days a week
- We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis through April 15, 2023
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview on a rolling basis
- Estimated start date: April / May
- Salary range: Exempt status; $57,000-60,000
- Comprehensive benefits package available
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Hello Neighbor, we are committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. Hello Neighbor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
All Applications Welcome
Data shows that women more frequently do not apply to a job because they don’t feel that they meet all of the qualifications listed. Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.