PC Mission Statement:
Improving quality of life for the people of Pittsburgh by restoring the park system to excellence in partnership with government and the community. Projects and programs are conducted with respect for the environment, historic design, and the needs of our diverse region.
This position is responsible for all aspects of donor and constituent data that is captured within the Raiser’s Edge database, ImportOmatic, List Management, and Luminate Online platform including, health and wellness of the data, tracking, and reporting. The Database Administrator will manage quality control for the Raiser’s Edge and Luminate Online databases. This position will be responsible for development analytics such as appeal performance and tracking of donor trends among other data-centric responsibilities. Finally, the Database Administrator will oversee the process of gift entry and acknowledgement process in tandem with the greater development team.
Performs under the general supervision of the Director of Individual Philanthropy and is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Manages the entire gift entry process including entering accurate constituent information, gift details and other income into the Raiser’s Edge accurately. Includes entering earned revenue from Carousel Passes, FEC Camps, Special Event ticket sales and other miscellaneous income.
- Enters and tracks all solicitations within Raiser’s Edge including individual giving direct mail solicitations, donor newsletters, hat luncheon solicitations, special event invitations, and tracks criteria for year-over-year comparison.
- Leads the Development Department by actively updating constituent records utilizing tools such as AddressFinder, AgeFinder, DeceasedFinder etc. Update records with new contact information. Import new donors and constituents into Raiser’s Edge and List Management as needed.
- Update records returned from printing services and address NCOA (National Change of Address) changes in database.
- Manage the Omatic import of data to and from Raiser’s Edge, List Management and Luminate Online and make discretionary decisions about flow of data.
- Identifies internal prospects from sources such as List Management, Luminate Online, Volunteer rosters, event sign-in sheets and more. Works directly across organizational departments to ensure data is obtained and entered from these sources.
- Process deposits and credit card transactions. Manage and process online donations.
- Prepare, merge, print ,and mail gift acknowledgement letters and other donor materials.
- Reconcile donations and constituent data, gift designation between QuickBooks and Raiser’s Edge, and in a timely manner with the assistance of Director of Finance, reconciles monthly transactions.
- Generate giving reports as needed. Be able to research, develop and implement new tracking and reporting metrics and mechanisms.
- Analysis of the Raiser’s Edge database for specific donor trends such as donor lifetime value, etc.
- Develop, track and generate specialized queries for appeals, invitations, and other analysis as needed by the development department.
- Troubleshoot Raiser’s Edge and solve problems with support from technical staff with Raiser’s Edge/Luminate Online developers.
- Perform other related duties as apparent or assigned.
Training and Experience (position requirements at entry)
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge Enterprise and NXT.
- Proficiency in Excel, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook required.
- Knowledge of ImportOmatic and List Managment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced office and manage multiple priorities and deadlines with accuracy.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills a must.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
The PPC offers the following benefits package to all full-time employees.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance and short-term/long-term disability insurance offered at no-cost to employee
- Aflac supplemental insurance
- Twenty (20) paid vacation days and ten (10) paid company holidays, increasing to twenty-five (25) paid vacation days after two years of employment.
- 403(b) retirement savings program with up to 8% company match
- Hybrid work model
- Professional development opportunities
- Discount on PPC merchandise
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Occasional weekend and evening work is required to perform the duties of this job.
The PPC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected characteristics
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy
Restoring Pittsburgh’s Park System to Excellence